JVC SP-A220 Portable Speakers  » Electronics  »
2.5
  • Recently, I bought my daughter a Sanza Fuze mp3 player, but later she needed a wall charger and portable speakers for the media player
  • Fortunately, she isn't very fussy about sound quality, so I thought it would be easy to find pair of speakers that wouldn't cost too much
  • I found one, but it was out of my budget, so I kept on looking
  • I eventually found these JVC SP-A220 costing £9.99 from Morrisons, and these seemed to fit the bill The speakers definitely aren't for those looking for high quality sound
  • For £9.99, I think these speakers fit the purpose that I wanted them to

• by kemibaro

Recently, I bought my daughter a Sanza Fuze mp3 player, but later she needed a wall charger and portable speakers for the media player. My daughter has most of her music on her laptop, and I got her decent speakers for use with her laptop, so when she said that she wanted portable speakers for her media players, I went out looking for cheap portable ones rather than splurge on more. Fortunately, she isn’t very fussy about sound quality, so I thought it would be easy to find pair of speakers that wouldn’t cost too much.

I did some research, and found that most of the speakers were made for the iPod. I had a little trouble finding ones on which the Sansa Fuze could sit on flush. I found one, but it was out of my budget, so

I kept on looking. I eventually found these JVC SP-A220 costing £9.99 from Morrisons, and these seemed to fit the bill

The speakers definitely aren’t for those looking for high quality sound. However, I found that they are wonderful for children or if you need to listen to music on the go. They are fully battery powered and take 2 AAA batteries.

They are also compatible with any mp3 player since they connect via the headphone jack.

They are small and don’t weigh much, and measure just over 6 inches in length.

The speakers are made of silver plastic, you can change the colour of the middle tab using one of several that the speakers come with, including black, red and orange.

The speakers were very simple to operate; they only had an on/off button and a power indicator light.

Once ...

• connected, the speakers can be used just as normal headphones are used; selecting songs and changing volume are done from the media player. The speakers aren’t very powerful; you couldn’t use them in a setting such as a party.

I used them to play several songs on full volume and I must say the sound quality is terrible. They are very tinny and very annoying to listen to at high volume. Turning the volume down a little improved the quality a lot, but it’s safe to say that they would never match the sound from bigger speaker units.

My daughter also uses the speakers to watch video clips on her player, but it doesn’t really work very well because you have to balance the player against the speakers or hold them in your hands. Holding them is a bit

uncomfortable since the wire connecting the speaker to the media player is really short.

The speakers can also be used to play music from the radio, and my daughter has used them for this purpose severally.

My daughter is comfortable with these speakers, and I would recommend them if you are in the market for a child’s portable speakers, for example for use outdoors or something like that.

One advantage of the short wire was that it was very easy for me to stow it away at the bottom of the player making storage very neat. For £9.99, I think these speakers fit the purpose that I wanted them to. However, if you are looking for decent quality speakers for playing your media, I would suggest that you look elsewhere. For light use, I have found that these are pretty decent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1610031442060431/k2311a0310/3.10.11