TV Show: Big Time Rush  » TV  »
2.5
  • My youngest daughter watches this show on occasion and, while I don't think she fully understands what is going on (or, at least I hope she doesn't at her age), she does love the songs
  • That kind of redundancy can get boring after a while
  • But, overall, I don't think it is anymore than a Disney rip-off

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: A Nickelodean show that follows a teenaged band and their lives in high school while living with their fame. What I like about this show: My youngest daughter watches this show on occasion and, while I don’t think she fully understands what is going on (or, at least I hope she doesn’t at her age), she does love the

songs.

And, I have to admit, some of the musical performances I’ve seen from this show are pretty decent.

While not the funniest show I’ve seen (more on that in a sec), I have to admit they do get in some strange situations.

There was one episode involving them chasing the same girl (again, a situation I hope my daughter doesn’t fully understand yet)and another one that had them force to get a real job to pay for some damage they did.

In other words, unlike some other shows, they have some real-life situations that they have to go through that are much more realistic and, because of that, easier to understand and relate to.

What I don’t like about ...

• TV Show: Big Time Rush
      this show: Watching it, I can’t help but feel it has been done before by everyone from the Jonas Brothers to the Monkees.

And, they aren’t nearly as good as some of their Disney competition; such as Hannah Montana.

The show also seems to go through great lengths to remind you this is a rock band; as though it is

afraid we would forget.

As a result, there are a lot of episodes that involve them having to perform in front of an audience for the first time or impress a blogger.

That kind of redundancy can get boring after a while.

My Final Opinion: This is an OK show with some fantastic music.

But, overall, I don’t think it is anymore than a Disney rip-off.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1010031442030431/k2311a0310/3.10.11