Muscle Milk Chocolate Mint Chip by CytoSport  » Health  »
Most nutrition shops and online stores
  • Upon selecting a new protein at sports nutrition store, I thought I might try something new and yet that has been around for a while
  • After glancing through the ingredients I was excited to see that it contained 35% DV of all basic vitamins and minerals, 32 grams of protein, 5 grams fiber, 16 grams carbohydrates, 300 calories but unfortunately 12 grams of fat
  • When I opened the bottle for the first time, the delicious smell of mint went through me and made my mouth water
  • I found the shake most beneficial first thing in the morning on an empty stomach that gave me an insane brain buzz that I don’t normally get with my other proteins without vitamins
  • As long as it’s taken a good while before working out or in the morning and not right before bed, you can avoid bloating and still feel that your muscles got what they needed

• by Gymguy Jeff

Upon selecting a new protein at sports nutrition store, I thought I might try something new and yet that has been around for a while. I grabbed a 2. 47lb bottle of CytoSports Muscle Milk with its new “advanced formula w/ fiber” that was chocolate mint flavored.

After glancing through the ingredients I was excited to see that it contained 35% DV of all basic vitamins and minerals, 32 grams of protein, 5 grams fiber, 16 grams carbohydrates, 300 calories but unfortunately 12 grams of fat.

The label boasted “Alpha & Beta Caseins, peptides and lactalbumin” and seemed promising.

When I opened the bottle for the first time, the delicious smell of mint went through me and made my mouth water. After dumping two scoops in my shaker cup and adding water I was surprised that such a thick clumpy powder was able to mix so well.

The taste was great even with just water and had a slight creamy texture with a smooth chocolate mint taste. Shortly after consuming I ...

• felt strangely energized, focused, and muscles full.

I supposed from the added vitamins, which gave me the extra kick. It served as a great pre-workout meal/snack and gave me sustained energy as I blasted through my workouts unfatigued.

I later found that after consuming it post-workout I felt sluggish and bloated but later back to energized; perhaps due to the high fat content. Also, a shake before bedtime did not fare too well due to uncomfortable bloating and trouble sleeping.

I found the shake most

beneficial first thing in the morning on an empty stomach that gave me an insane brain buzz that I don’t normally get with my other proteins without vitamins. Overall, I have come to love CytoSport’s Muscle Milk with the new formula and can see why it has been in the bodybuilding scene for so long.

As long as it’s taken a good while before working out or in the morning and not right before bed, you can avoid bloating and still feel that your muscles got what they needed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3410031442000431/k2311a0310/3.10.11