E.L.F. Lengthening and Defining Mascara in Black  » Cosmetics  »
  • I don't find that I have a problem with mascara running unless I cry for along time or rub my eyes while washing my face
  • I will definitely repurchase this mascara once I run out

• by Aishah

I got my first tube of the E.L.F. Lengthening and Defining Mascara in black as part of a set I purchased from Target this past holiday season.

It retails for $1 which is amazingly affordable as well as unheard of in the makeup world.

I was very pleasantly surprised at how well this mascara works for me. It separates my lashes as well as mascaras 20 times its price. I am a

big fan of the Lancome mascaras and this one is as good as some of them for 5% of the price!

I first tried wearing only one coat which gave me defined and curled lashes that looked 100% natural. No one would have guessed I had on mascara. It looked like I had naturally curled lashes which I don’t have.

The second time wearing this mascara, I applied three coats. Once ...

• again, this $1 mascara impressed me. It built up the volume of my lashes very well with next to no clumping. I am not a fan of waterproof mascaras so I don’t use any. I don’t find that I have a problem with mascara running unless I cry for along time or rub my eyes while washing my face. Why would I do that? LOL

I had low expectations for this

mascara for two reasons:

1) I am not a fan of most mascaras with a traditional mascara wand.

2) The price was unbelievably low.

I was wrong. I will definitely repurchase this mascara once I run out. I find myself reaching for it more than any other mascara I own at the moment. I have used mascaras ranging in price from $1 to $20+.

I would rate it a 20 if I could! ;)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110031441970431/k2311a0310/3.10.11