Orville Redenbacher Butter Flavor Popcorn Oil  » Food  »
1.0
  • But, that requires us to microwave it first to melt it and this was a bit more convenient since we didn't need to do that with the oil
  • I think it would have been better if it were added with the unpopped kernels instead
  • In fact, I don't think I can honestly say there was any taste at all

• by Review Vigilante

Product Description: Butter flavored oil that can be poured over popped popcorn instead of regular butter. We found this at Wal-mart for around $2. 50.

What I liked about this product: It was definitely different. We usually use butter when we make popcorn in our popcorn popper.

But, that requires us to microwave it first to melt it and this was a bit more convenient since we didn’t need to do that with the

oil. It’s probably not a huge deal but that extra minute or so does make a bit of a difference when we are trying to watch a movie or television program before it gets too late at night.

What I didn’t like about this product: Just about everything other than the convenience I just mentioned. First of all, it has the same limitations as butter.

You pour it on after the popcorn is ...

• popped and, as a result, you aren’t going to get it on every single kernel. I think it would have been better if it were added with the unpopped kernels instead.

Also, I did not taste a single thing when I ate the popcorn with this oil on it. There was no buttery taste, there was no salty taste.

In fact, I don’t think I can honestly say there was any taste at

all. Probably the only real usefulness this oil has is it did allow the salt and cheese to stick to the popcorn (after we added it a short time later).

But, again, that’s nothing butter wouldn’t be able to do. My Final Opinion: This product might sound like a great idea.

But, after using it, I can honestly say it is not worth the money. Considering it was from a well-known brand like Orville Redenbacher makes it even more disappointing.

Anna Simmons says :

To whom it may concern. I love Orville Redenbacher Butter Flavor Popcorn Oil so much… I uses it on just about everything. On corn on the cobb and bake potatoes. When ever I am doing sandwiches, I love to butter my bread with it… with garlic and then toast it for sub sandwich, ham,veggie, and hamburgers sandwich. So it’s not only good for popcorns, pretzels and baking. Try Orville Redenbacher on sandwich’s and on corn on the cobb.

Thank you: Anna M Simmons.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2710031441910431/k2311a0310/3.10.11