Monterey Clean N’ Ready Fresh Sliced Mushrooms  » Food  »
  • After some consideration, I decided to pick up a frozen lasagna dinner from one of our local grocery stores for dinner a few nights ago (we had something else in mind, but we never got out of the house like we planned)
  • When I bought this brand, I actually expected it to be closer to the latter than the former because, when I was picking out a container, I couldn't help but notice most of the mushrooms in the produce section from this brand were turning brown already
  • Once opened, I have always had a problem re-sealing things like this properly and, like always, they were put back in the fridge with the original plastic on them, just not as tightly sealed
  • If you are looking for fresh mushrooms to use in a salad or for some other meal, I would recommend looking for this brand
  • You will definitely get your money's worth

• by Review Vigilante

After some consideration, I decided to pick up a frozen lasagna dinner from one of our local grocery stores for dinner a few nights ago (we had something else in mind, but we never got out of the house like we planned). As part of the deal, I told my wife I would pick up some lettuce so we could make a salad and, while at the store, I ended up buying a package of fresh sliced mushrooms to go with it from the brand Monterey Clean N’ Ready. I usually buy fresh mushrooms whenever we make a salad and, as a result, have bought several different brands of them over

the past few years.

And, as is usually the case, my opinion varied quite a bit when it came to the individual brands. Some were fantastic, while others weren’t worth the money I spent on them.

When I bought this brand, I actually expected it to be closer to the latter than the former because, when I was picking out a container, I couldn’t help but notice most of the mushrooms in the produce section from this brand were turning brown already. I figured, at most, I was getting a brand that would last me a couple days.

However, as it turns out, this was actually one of the better brands ...

• of fresh mushrooms I have purchased. I ended up opening these up shortly after I got them home because my wife and I were both getting hungry and the lasagna was going to take about two hours in the oven.

Once opened, I have always had a problem re-sealing things like this properly and, like always, they were put back in the fridge with the original plastic on them, just not as tightly sealed. I wanted to mention this because, a few days later, the mushrooms are still reasonably fresh.

In fact, I had some today and they are in much better shape than the bag of lettuce I bought at

the same time; a little brown but still fresh enough to be eaten (the lettuce, on the other hand, is in the garbage). As far as taste goes, I really didn’t notice anything special about this brand that set it apart from other brands other than the fact the mushrooms really did taste cleaner.

I still rinsed them off to be safe, but they didn’t have the same gritty taste other mushrooms might have (a taste that usually makes me feel like I have to scrub them before eating them). If you are looking for fresh mushrooms to use in a salad or for some other meal, I would recommend looking for this brand.

You will definitely get your money’s worth.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2710031441900431/k2311a0310/3.10.11