Lub-d Hostel, Bangkok  » Travel  »
4 Decho Road, Suriyawong, Bangrak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand
  • They have a mini bar, where you can have cocktails or hard liquors, a few dining sets for guests, a computer room with about 20 desktops there with internet access, you can use them if available
  • Surprisingly, the beds were soooo comfy I didn't want to get up in the morning
  • The only thing about the hostel is that they do not have elevators, so if your luggage is too heavy, it's going to be hard for you to bring it to the rooms (especially if you're on the 5th or 6th floor)

• by tpiano

I would have to say that Lub-d Hostel is one that lives up to its tag lines. They used to have “Sweet Dreams” as their tag line but I guess they’ve changed it to “Everyone Leaves as a Friend.” Perhaps, one of my best experiences in terms of the quality of service for hostels. Lub-d was more than I expected.

I visited Bangkok along with six of my friends and my brother for about three days. It was a jam-packed trip and we had so many things to do, so many places to visit in a very short span of time. We end up really exhausted everyday, and it’s a

relaxing feeling knowing that you have a nice bed to sleep in after such a tiring day.

The place was very modern, centralized air-conditioning, familiar music, and the like. It wasn’t like other hostels I’ve stayed at. They have a mini bar, where you can have cocktails or hard liquors, a few dining sets for guests, a computer room with about 20 desktops there with internet access, you can use them if available. There’s a guest book, where all guests get to freely sign and say whatever they want to say about Lub-d, even draw if they like too.

Since we are 8, we got a dormitory ...

• type room, with double-deck beds. Surprisingly, the beds were soooo comfy I didn’t want to get up in the morning. We brought our own food for the trip, but the hostel also serve quality food at very affordable prices. You will see a diverse patrons of Lub-d, some staying for a month or even more.

We’ve made friends with some guests, and the receptionists speak English very very well and they sound really professional as if they work in a five-star hotel, except that they wear jeans and shirt so they they don’t look intimidating.

The only thing about the hostel is that they do not have elevators, so if

your luggage is too heavy, it’s going to be hard for you to bring it to the rooms (especially if you’re on the 5th or 6th floor). For dormitory types, only common restrooms are available but they’re very clean so it wasn’t bad. Some shower rooms, though didn’t have hot water so you’ll just have to find the ones that have.

Like hotels, access cards are used as keys for the doors and it’s the same card to be used to make the air-conditioner and lights of the room work. Over-all, Lub-d hostel is one of my highly recommended hostels for those visiting Bangkok. Exceptional value for your money.

Lub d Hosts says :

Dear tpiano, Thank you very much your review. We really appreciate it. Just want to inform that we have only 4 floors 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th thus was a little surprised you wrote about elevator and that we have 5th and 6th floor. Again, thank you and would like to thank and say that we love your review and glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we have become your friend. Kind regards, Lub d Hosts

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3810031441840431/k2311a0310/3.10.11