Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions Pore Refining Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think they were worsened because I was not paying attention to my skin back then - I was actually just ignorant of what was going on, and needless to say I was not actually too caring about it
  • If it was it was available at a higher cost
  • But I love how it feels because it feels as grainy as other acne scrubs I used before and that is enough to get rid of those dead skin cells which cause unevenness in the skin tone
  • I thought it was a tough cleaning scrub - it only disappointed me

• by changing

There was a time when I used to have tons of pimples on various parts of my face - cheeks, chin and forehead. They were big and red, and painful, when you had to feel them. I think they were worsened because I was not paying attention to my skin back then - I was actually just ignorant of what was going on, and needless to say I was not actually too caring about it.

But I remember I had to have my photo taken for our graduation, and because of that I wanted to clear up and get rid of my pimples in the shortest amount of time as possible. Back then I did not know if any acne product which can get rid of my acne quickly, and so I asked my friends and one of them recommended Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions Pore Refining Scrub. She said she bought it online because it was not available here. If it was it was available at a higher cost. So I looked for it on the internet - on Amazon, specifically - and saw it being sold for $4 with a $5 shipping cost. I bought it right away and had it mailed here after around 3 days, I think. Fortunately it did not have any damage. It was in a good packaging.

Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions Pore Refining Scrub

is an acne facial scrub made by Burt’s Bees. It was supposed to help control acne by keeping pores clean. It is made to suit oily, acne-prone skin types because it is more prone to acne. And so it was made to be a lot tougher than a lot of acne treatments made to help normal, dry and of course, combination types, for example.

Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions Pore Refining Scrub did not have a great smell, which was fine. Anyway, it actually smells medicated. But I love how it feels because it feels as grainy as other acne scrubs I used before and that is enough to get rid of those dead skin cells which cause unevenness in the skin tone. Also, it is not watery, soggy and heavy like petroleum jelly - and that was actually good because it won’t be leaving too much excesses behind, like oils, nor will it leave you feeling too sticky. In other words, because it is non-greasy, it won’t leave you feeling oily afterwards. While it is not a moisturizer nor does it have moisturizing properties, at least it can be combated with a good moisturizer that will keep your pores a little more supple and not dry. It contains small white beads, which you will notice when you rub it against your pores - but at least its beads ...

• are non-abrasive, not causing any damage to the acne like swelling because they are not painful anyway.

Its ingredients include salicylic acid, coconut oil, sugar cane, lemon, jojoba oil and grape seed oil, among others, which are not common among acne scrubs because it can really exfoliate skin cells, get rid of acne, brighten skin tone, lighten spots and lastly, improve any scar. It is a little tough, because it is made just for acne-prone skin.

Like other acne scrubs, you should wash your face using it and pat it dry. It can be used on a daily basis or thrice a week if you want. I have not applied it before, and when I did, I remember giving me a tightening effect. In fact, during application, I remember the beads were not as noticeable as other beads from other acne treatments. I could barely feel those beads, but it was fine with me. It felt grainy and rough, which was good, because that was acne scrubs are supposed to feel, right? At least after washing off my face, I felt drier and tighter. As if all those grime and oil were completely cleansed.

I would use this every morning and night, for three times a week. At night, I also used a spot corrector by Neutrogena afterwards which caused me a drier and stinging sensation, because of the Benzoyl Peroxide

content. It went on for about a week, and lo and behold, right before the photo taking, I remember that almost all the acne were gone and barely noticeable.

In fact, when I used to feel the size of those acne, they were big and painful. But now, I can feel only tiny little spots left. While my acne were not yet eliminated, it was more than enough to make my skin look smoother and brighter. In fact, I did not notice any scar left, nor a trace of unevenness caused by the old acne.

As a conclusion, I really think that Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions Pore Refining Scrub was effective enough at ridding of acne, which may be light or severe. It can really get rid of acne within days, alongside an effective BP treatment, if you want. I did not just rely solely on the acne scrub since I was in a hurry, and the photo taking was just a few days away. I was glad that it cooperated in getting rid of my acne, because before I used to use another scrub which actually didn’t help - after washing my pores I can still see some traces of dirt on the cotton balls after that. It was annoying, obviously. I thought it was a tough cleaning scrub - it only disappointed me. But this one is one of the bests.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110031441430331/k2311a0310/3.10.11