Kern Road Veterinarian Clinic-Large Animals
105 Fowlerville Road Folwerfille Mi 48836
  • Because of this I've learned to select only the best, even if they cost a little more

• by Lacy Pearl

When it comes to choosing a good vet, it can be difficult, and I can be very picky. I have had horses, exotic birds, ferrets, rabbits, dogs, cats, guinea pigs and more. I have worked in the pet industry for over 17 years. Because of this I’ve learned to select only the best, even if they cost a little more.

That is how I’ve come to use Kern Road Veterinarians for all my equine needs. I recently had to have my horse put down due to old age and arthritis, she was 26 and a draft cross. She had

suffered nerve damage to her face and was having a very difficult time eating and maintaining her weight. Because of this I consulted Kern Road, who had seen her several times over the course of my seventeen year period of sharing a life with her.

They took the time to go over all the options I had with me, and never made me feel bad that the only choice I might have was to euthanize her. They’re prices were not more when compared with other farm calls. I did notice that they were higher for Bute and didn’t really want to ...

• let me have more than a month’s worth, even though they said she would need to be on it for the rest of her life. This told me they wanted to get a farm call for the next prescription, which was annoying.

The biggest amount of praise I have is for Dr. Shrader who came out and helped with my girl’s final day. Dr. Shrader had the best bed side manner I could have ever hoped for. I’m glad she came highly recommended. She took the time to really prepare me for what would happen and then went even a step

further. She made sure to have enough medication to make it easy on my girl, and make it quick. Still she went further, when it came time she distracted me by asking me about my seventeen year long relationship with my horse. I was traveling down the best memories of my life and sharing them both with her and my girl and it made her passing a bitter sweet occasion. She sat with me till my tears had dried and it made me extremely grateful. I will continue to use these professional and compassionate vets for as long as I have large animals.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 299031441270431/k2311a039/3.9.11