The Mermaid Chair book
0.5
  • Never mind that the author never resolved the pipe and spark issue and its impact on our heroine before the book ended
  • Another problem I had was the heroine’s comments at the end of the book when the priest stopped being a priest – where she said in so many words – good for me for having sex with this guy it helped him figure things out
  • I found this book annoying and without merit

• by Grsky

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

OK what did I miss. I have read all the glowing reviews of The Mermaid Chair and I guess I was reading a different book.

You have a woman who engages in a romance with a priest and visa versa and they couldn’t get enough conflict just in that to write a book they had to throw in daddy dying, mother being nuts and a weird conglomeration of friends that really wasn’t necessary, the weird not the

friends.

Then the author throws in some mystical nonsense about a magical chair.

You would have thought the two lovers had just sat down for tea instead of engaging in a affair for all the lack of soul searching – I mean really – if you were a priest don’t you think you would have hesitated maybe just a little bit? And the contrivance around daddy’s pipe – for heaven’s sake they let this person think it ...

• was sparks from the pipe that caused the fire and explosion that killed her father when in fact they had set up a scenario that was much more plausible to begin with.

Never mind that the author never resolved the pipe and spark issue and its impact on our heroine before the book ended.

she said in so many words – good for me for having sex with this guy it helped him figure things out.

Not one bit of concern about what may have actually been going on with the him or taking responsibility for her actions.

I found this book annoying and without merit.

Try harder next time Ms Kidd – this was a mess.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 179031440920431/k2311a039/3.9.11