Movie: The Wolfman (1941)  » Movies  »
  • Even though I don't think is movie would be considered today, it is easy to see why this movie would have been considered scary when it was made
  • I was glad I had an opportunity to watch this recently with my oldest daughter and would recommend taking the time to watch this film if you have never seen it before

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: Larry Talbot returns to England after his older brother’s untimely death. While visiting some Gypsie fortune tellers, he is bitten by a wearwolf and suddenly has to cope with being one himself.

What I liked about this movie: They have attempted to re-make this film and have failed.

Lon Chaney Jr.

is definitely one of the best actors that ever lived, especially when it came to horror movies, and this movie is a

good example of how he could literally transform himself into his character.

Even though I don’t think is movie would be considered today, it is easy to see why this movie would have been considered scary when it was made.

You have a limited amount of violence and the dark, foggy forest adds an additional creep factor to the movie (though it did get a bit too dark at times and was a bit ...

• hard to see what was going on).

Bela Lugosi does an excellent job as the gypsie who bites Larry; though it admittedly would have been nice to see a bit more of his character rather than just waste a well-known actor like that (I wonder if he got paid per word or something).

What I didn’t like about this movie: I really wasn’t a huge fan of the romantic storyline in this movie; mostly

because it involves a woman who is engaged to another man and keeps hanging out with Larry.

It would be nice to see her actually choose who she wants to be with rather than essentially cheat on her fiance.

My Final Opinion: Even today, this is a horror movie classic.

I was glad I had an opportunity to watch this recently with my oldest daughter and would recommend taking the time to watch this film if you have never seen it before.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 119031440700331/k2311a039/3.9.11