iPod Touch 4th Generation (iTouch 4)  » Electronics  »
  • It has definitely made my life easier in so many ways
  • One thing I love alot about my iPod touch is that you can change songs and speaker volume without unlocking the device, just by double pressing the square button
  • Some apps I recommend to make your iPod more useful are
  • They really make these iPods more and more amazing every generation

• by icyheartsx

Being a previous iPod touch 3rd generation owner, I can say I’m very happy with my decision to upgrade to the 4th generation iPod touch. It is truly a luxury gadget, and it is so useful when paired with apps from the App Store. It has definitely made my life easier in so many ways.

The touch screen is beautiful, especially since with this iPod, you can set your own background (whereas on the 3rd gen you could only set your own lock background unless you jailbroke it). No matter what picture you set as your background, you will still clearly be able to see the buttons and letters of the icons and apps on your iPod touch. It’s not necessary to make

something so useful so beautiful, but it’s a lovely touch!

One thing I love alot about my iPod touch is that you can change songs and speaker volume without unlocking the device, just by double pressing the square button. I haven’t found another device that could do that. Therefore, you are more motivated to set a passcode lock, which keeps your iPod Touch safer!

The 4th gen iPod touch comes with a built in microphone, so if you want to use FaceTime, Skype, or anything requiring a voice input, you don’t have to carry around your headphones (like you did with the iPod Touch 3rd gen). It has crystal clear voice quality (I tested this by using Skype from my 4th gen iPod to ...

• call my own cell phone). Also, the voice recorder is a cool microphone and records so clearly, I use it instead of the one on my cell phone. It’s good enough to record singing or other sound effects, if those are of interest to you.

You should definitely use the App Store in iTunes to compliment your iPod. There are so many free apps that are capable of making your life easier (grocery lists, sales listings, to do lists, ect.), and you can find most of these useful apps in the Utility section of the App Store. You can also download games, if you like to have a little fun with your iPod.

Some apps I recommend to make your iPod more useful are:

WebMD Mobile, 90 in 1: APPZILLA, wikiHow, Battery Magic, Wolfram Alpha, VLC Media Player, Netflix, and Touchcalc. Those are the ones I personally use the most.

All generations of iPod touches have always delivered great quality video, but this is the clearest yet. HD really means crystal clear high definition on this generation of iPod touch. It’s so beautifully clear and defined. Also, while playing videos, it never freezes like my old iPod nano used to. You can even watch Netflix from your iTouch, if you have a account! They really make these iPods more and more amazing every generation.

I would most definitely recommend this iPod to someone, unless a new generation of iPod touch was coming out, because each generation gets better and better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 169031440540331/k2311a039/3.9.11