Spring Valley Fish, flaxseed, and borage Oil 120 caps  » Health  »
  • I’ve had a problem with my cholesterol on and off for a few years
  • I had a very bad experience with statin drugs, so I refuse to take them now
  • I decided to start taking fish oil to help lower my cholesterol and keep it in check
  • More recently I saw this product and thought it was very interesting
  • I would definitely recommend this brand, as it is great for the price and you get three important nutrients, not just one

• by reviewabit

I’ve had a problem with my cholesterol on and off for a few years. Mine seems to be mostly due to heredity and a thyroid problem. I had a very bad experience with statin drugs, so I refuse to take them now.

I also have fibromyalgia and suspected lupus– two more conditions that are linked to inflammatory processes in the body. I decided to start taking fish oil to help lower my cholesterol and keep it in check.

I tried several brands and did see some good results. More recently I saw this product and thought it was very

interesting.

It offers three sources of fatty acids that all work to fight inflammation and lower cholesterol. It was very affordable considering all you are getting, and I have used the brand before and was happy with it.

I noticed after taking it for a few days that there was a typical fishy taste, which had been a problem with some other brands too, and left me a bit disappointed. It was one thing that discouraged me from using fish oil at all, and I have often gone to great lengths to avoid the fish-burps.

When I told someone about ...

• my experience with it, I got a tip– to put the product in the freezer. Supposedly this would stop the fishy taste.

I tried this the next day. It did not completely stop the fish taste, but I admit it did help quite a bit and allowed me to continue taking the supplement.

My cholesterol levels were good at my checkup, which was a month after starting with the new product. Although I had experienced a little stomach upset at the start, it seemed to be calming down now and I was accustomed to the product.

I have had less joint

pain since starting the regimen. I do not know for sure if this is due to the product, or due to the waxing and waning nature of my condition, but I will keep taking it just in case! I do believe that it affects me in ways I cannot see– like preventing the inflammation that might lead to heart disease in the future.

I would definitely recommend this brand, as it is great for the price and you get three important nutrients, not just one. I feel confident that I am doing a great thing for my health by continuing on this supplement.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348031440400831/k2311a038/3.8.11