Olay ProX Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser  » Cosmetics  »
  • Well, I consider myself lucky to have tried a tester while I was randomly browsing through the products in the drugstore and since then I have been hooked
  • These days I have been really into online shopping so I decided to look around if I could find a good deal
  • I came across the Olay ProX products and decided to get a bunch of them and ship them together to save cost
  • I bought the Olay ProX Wrinkle Smoothing Cream, The Skin Tightening Serum and the Olay ProX Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser
  • I love this cleanser and highly recommend it

• by true_value

I have been using Olay products for the past 6 years. Being someone with extremely sensitive, oily and acne prone skin I never really thought of using Olay products because for some reason I always thought they were rich and perhaps too heavy for my skin type. The fact that it used to be called Oil of Olay further gave the impression that there might be oil in the products.

Well, I consider myself lucky to have tried a tester while I was randomly browsing through the products in the drugstore and since then I have been hooked. The first product that I had tried and used was the Olay Total Effects Serum which was not oily at all and absorbed right away into my

skin never broke me out and in fact improved the condition and texture of my skin greatly.

Since then I have used the Olay Total Effects Moisturizer then upgraded myself to the Olay Regenerist line which in fact I liked even better than the Total Effects range as it was much lighter on my skin. Although Definity was launched in the US it is still not available here in Singapore. The latest of Olay found here is still the Regenerist line. Olay ProX is the most recent and most advanced of their skin care products which is also not available here in my country.

I was running out of my Olay Micro Sculpting Regenerist Cream and had to buy a replacement. These days I have been really into online shopping so I decided to look around if I could find a good deal. I came across the Olay ProX products and decided to get a bunch of them and ship them together to save cost.

I bought the Olay ProX Wrinkle Smoothing Cream, The Skin Tightening Serum and the Olay ProX Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser. The cleanser was priced at $19.90 which I thought was a hefty price but decided to go for it as it was a large tube of 6oz.

The squeeze tube sports the color of the ProX range which is white and red. It looks chic and modern with a unique shaped flip top cap in semi transparent white. Olay claims the Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser ...

• Olay ProX Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser
      to be professionally designed to purify and renew skin’s texture for refreshed, smooth skin and that the lathering micro-bead formula thoroughly cleanses and gently exfoliates to prime skin for the Pro-X protocol and finally that the cleanser is professionally formulated for daily use.

As for the ingredients list I was very impressed to see no mention of any types of oils, alcohols, parabens or fragrance. In fact all of the products in the ProX range are fragrance free.

When I first used the cleanser I felt that the texture of the cleanser resembled the Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser. It has the same translucent look and has the same type of grainy exfoliants. But the resemblance ends there. The Murad cleanser has oils in it and

is also contains a lot of parabens. The cleanser cost me a hefty $38.00 and broke me out and made my face an oil slick. But Olay ProX not only cleans and exfoliates without irritating my sensitive skin but also brightens my face and makes it less oily.

The cleanser foams up so it does not need much work and rinses clean without leaving a filmy residue on my skin. Also, the cleanser is so gentle that even after using it twice a day my skin does not dry out nor does it get tight and stretched. After every use my skin feels soft and refreshed. Most of all a very little amount goes a long way.

I love this cleanser and highly recommend it.

mishka says :

Hey i really like the sound of this exfoliating creme and wanted to find out if it has any citric acid contents in it?

Anthony says :

Mishka the ingredients for the exfoliating creme are as follows Water, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Oxidized Polyethylene, Sorbitol, Acrylates Copolymer, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Potassium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-10, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, PEG-100, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

So in short yes, it does contain citric acids.

Jennifer Davis says :

Does anyone know where I can buy a new rotating brush? My dog chewed mine up. I would hate to have to buy a brand new system just for the brush

Shagun says :

You can use almost any facial cleansing brush with it. There are tons available in the market based on different skin types. I always go for clarisonic as its gentle yet firm. It is available at amazon, eBay and also on Sephora and Ulta. It is a little expensive but there are other drugstore products available as well at Target.

Teresa says :

re : Well, I consider myself lucky to have tried a tester while I was randomly browsing through the products in the drugstore and since then I have been hooked
I have also tried this product and i got hooked as well . Great product

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318031440390831/k2311a038/3.8.11