Go Bananas theme park Chicago  » Leisure  »
0.5
Chicago
  • I sat down next to the child I was with, and noticed that there was no seatbelt

• by Nicki Mann
      Go Bananas is an indoor theme park similar to places like Jeepers snd Dinorex… it has arcade games and ticket games, and also large indoor rides. One of these rides was a rollercoaster, about the size of the kids’ “Dragon Coaster” you might find at a carnival. It is not a long coaster, but it has a lot of tilt, and goes pretty fast.

I took a child on this ride, and things went horribly awry!

The tired, bored-looking teenager running the ride had us all get into the rollercoaster cars. I sat down next to the

child I was with, and noticed that there was no seatbelt.

Instead there was a metal safety bar that was controlled by the operator of the ride. When we got on the ride, the bar was in the “up position” of course, and the operator was supposed to push a button to put all of our safety bars in the “down” position.

I watched while the bored-looking teenager operating the ride walked past us to help show two children where to sit. Then he walked past the rest of us, and started the ride… without putting down ...

• our safety bars! I was the only adult on the ride, riding with the child because he wanted to try the coaster but was afraid to go alone.

The other riders were all children riding with siblings and friends. As the ride started, I was hanging onto my child with one arm and waving my other arm in the direction of the operator, screaming at him to stop the ride, trying to get his attention.

Adults who were still in line with their children, or who were watching their kids go on the ride, were screaming at

the operator and trying to get his attention. But the teen just stared into space, ignoring us all.

We went around the coaster at full speed one whole rotation, before the teen finally stopped the ride and put our safety belts down. As he did, he muttered, “Sorry.

” This was EXTREMELY unsafe! Although the ride doesn’t go upside down, some of the hills go pretty high, and it tilts a lot. If a child had fallen out, it would have been a crisis.

So, if you’re in the Chicago area and are looking for a fun place to take your kids… STAY AWAY FROM GO BANANAS!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 61304144021230/k2311a043/4.3.07