Fanny Serrano True Light Liquid Lipstick in Light Mauve  » Cosmetics  »
  • My Experience and Opinion Fanny Serrano Cosmetics is created by F21 Cosmetics and is named after Fanny Serrano himself, who is one of the known celebrities in the Philippines
  • So personally, I believe this is more of colored lip gloss than a lipstick because of its lack of color intensity
  • However, I am disappointed due to its lack of pigmentation
  • I would definitely recommend this to other ladies most especially for those who prefer a handy lip cosmetic that offers a decent shine and pigmentation

• by hidge

The Product Light Mauve shade is a nude light old rose pink which is almost baby pink in color. It has no shimmers or chunky glitters.

The container is a glass tube with a black cap where the doe-foot applicator is attached. It also has a mirror that is located at the side of the tube.

This has no particular scent or taste.

This has a creamy consistency that is not too thick or thin. This is also not sticky or runny.

The retail price of this lip product is Php295 or almost US$7.

My Experience and Opinion Fanny Serrano Cosmetics is created by F21 Cosmetics and is named after Fanny Serrano himself, who is one of the known celebrities in the Philippines. This cosmetic line carries different cosmetic stuffs from face to lips

and some other accessories. They also have a website where you could see their products and contact in case you want to order online or do franchise.

Now for this lip product, the first time I saw this, it immediately reminded me of the Rimmel Light Beam Lip Gloss. Like Rimmel, this also has mirror and light built in its container. It really does make sense why they called this as “true light” because indeed, this has a built-in light that lights up once you pull the cap. This is actually a genius creation because it adds a better vision when applying this product on the lips with additional built-in light and mirror. This is very ideal to carry own during nighttime, most especially in the clubs where the lights can get too dim or too dark. This is also very handy because you do not have to carry an extra mirror or rush to the comfort room just to apply it.

When I finally tried this liquid lipstick, I was not wearing any lip balm underneath. This delivered a nude pink color on my lips but it somehow blended with the natural color of my lips which is a good thing because it did not make me look washed out. However, I find that this is on the sheer side, at least for this particular shade. I was expecting this to be more opaque and pigmented because this is supposed to be a liquid lipstick and not just a tinted lip gloss. So personally, I believe this is more of colored lip gloss than a lipstick because ...

• Fanny Serrano True Light Liquid Lipstick in Light Mauve
      of its lack of color intensity.

This is glossy but not over the top. This delivers a smooth and juicy shine on my lips. This feels creamy, light, and not sticky at all. This is very ideal for ladies who prefer non-sticky lip glosses.

This is also moisturizing. It makes my lips feel hydrated, soft, and smooth. However, due to its light consistency, this does not stay long. This can survive on my lips for two to three hours without eating or drinking. This may last even shorter when worn outdoors due to harsh heat of the sun and stronger wind.

On my final note, this liquid lipstick did not give me any problems like lip irritation or allergic reactions.

The Bottom Line This is a great product. However, I am disappointed due to its lack of

pigmentation. The fact that they are claiming this to be a liquid lipstick, they should have made this more pigmented for a full coverage like lipsticks could deliver. On the hand, in totality of this lip product, I must say that this is decent and above average. This has a great and more useful packaging due to its added mirror and light which makes it also unique among the local cosmetic brands in our country. I would definitely recommend this to other ladies most especially for those who prefer a handy lip cosmetic that offers a decent shine and pigmentation.

Pros Reasonably priced, has a built-in mirror and light making it more handy, delivers medium color payoff, moisturizing, and not sticky.

Cons It does not deliver a full coverage like most lipsticks do and does not really last long.

Would I buy this product again?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318031440120831/k2311a038/3.8.11