Chuck E. Cheese’s Chicago  » Restaurants  »
Touhy Avenue, Chicago, Illinois
  • When someone finally did come to take our order, the person was nearly lethargic, staring into space as she took our order, and muttering the price
  • The child I was with wanted to ask an employee the name of the bird that dances with Chuck E
  • As you can see, the customer service there is just CHARMING

• by Nicki Mann
      As a respite worker for kids with special needs, as well as a person who’s always looking for places to entertain my own group of youngsters, I’ve gone to Chuck E. cheese’s time and time again. I’ve gone to several different Chuck E.

Cheese’s locations across Illinois, but my experiences have been similar each time. Today was no different.

I went to the Chuck E Cheese on Touhy Avenue in Chicago. First, we had to stand in line to order food, which of course was to be expected on a busy Saturday… but the

aggravating thing was, we stood there waiting MUCH longer than necessary, while the cashiers, who seemed to be half asleep, answered the phone, talked to each other, and just disappeared into the kitchen from time to time.

We were the first in line, and people behind us were starting to get frustrated, seeing that the line wasn’t moving at all!

When someone finally did come to take our order, the person was nearly lethargic, staring into space as she took our order, and muttering the price. To add to this, throughout the day whenever ...

• we asked any of the employees for help or asked them a question, the employees just looked at us and walked away.

The child I was with wanted to ask an employee the name of the bird that dances with Chuck E. Cheese, and he approached an employee.

The child I was with said “Excuse me,” to the employee about ten times, but the employee didn’t even look at him. Later, when we went to cash in the child’s tickets for prizes, we were “helped” by another lethargic seeming young woman, who spoke to

us with a large Tootsie Roll hanging from her mouth, and tosssed the child’s chosen prizes in front of him with an exasperated sigh.

As you can see, the customer service there is just CHARMING!

That said, the place was pretty clean, considering it was very busy in there! Most of the games were working. And Chuck E.

himself came out and did the Hokey Pokey with the kids, which made the child’s day! So… I guess the bottom line is… Chuck E. Cheese is a fun place, but many of their employees really need some attitude adjustment!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7304144011230/k2311a043/4.3.07