DirecTV Television Service
  • After going for a couple of days without having any cable television, I decided to call DirecTV and inquire about one of their new promotions
  • In my opinion, DirecTV is superior to Comcast Cable in every way
  • My family's monthly bill is significantly cheaper and I also find that I no longer have to pay a guessing game about the cost of my monthly bill
  • Another thing that I love about DirecTV is the quality of the customer service when it comes to the service technicians
  • Based on my experience, I would rate this service a 10 out of 10

• by Simply_Fabulous

Prior to switching to DirecTV, my family had been a customer of Comcast Cable Company for several years. Throughout the duration of our time with Comcast, we experienced nothing but major problems. Every month our bill would go up without any type of notice or explanation and we frequently experienced problems with our television signal and phone. The last straw for us was when we started having problems with our phone signal terminating for no reason and our digital cable boxes randomly deactivating. After going for a couple of days without having any cable television, I decided to call DirecTV and inquire about one of their new promotions.

After almost being pressured to commit during my telephone conversation with the customer service representative (who incidentally was very nice although a bit too persuasive), I decided to check online to see if they had any other promotions. I ended up scoring an even better deal and after spending about fifteen minutes completing the sign up process, I schedule an instillation appointment for first available day (two days later on a Tuesday). My family has had service with this company for about three months now and so far we are very happy.

In my opinion, DirecTV is superior to Comcast Cable in every way. Quality wise, the package that

we have today is comparable and superior to the one that we used to have. We now receive more channels and the quality of the pictures that we receive are much better despite the fact that my family is only subscribing to the most basic DirecTV package. My family’s monthly bill is significantly cheaper and I also find that I no longer have to pay a guessing game about the cost of my monthly bill. All I have to do is look online to find about all of the rebates that I am eligible for and I also am able to view all of the monthly charges that I ...

• DirecTV Television Service
      have as well as any type of credits.

Another thing that I love about DirecTV is the quality of the customer service when it comes to the service technicians. On the day of our instillation appointment, the two installers arrived promptly early in the morning. They were very courteous and professional during the entire duration of the visit. More importantly, they were committed to actually doing the job the correct way instead of just focusing on getting it done quickly. Interestingly, the installers spent the majority of the two hours that they were at my house trying to fix some of the problems that the Comcast

installers created during their so called professional installation.

Despite the fact that the technicians spent two hours at my house, the complete installation did not cost me anything since I signed up for service online. There are currently three different packages available with customizable features. I love the fact that I can upgrade my package online at any time and the company’s website also lists the different channels available within each package. I am also able to print off channel lists at any time through the website.

Overall, I am very happy with my decision to switch. Based on my experience, I would rate this service a 10 out of 10.

federico says :

I’ve been w/DTV for 15 years. Loved it, until they joined the AT T family. Recently a one-year old HD/DVR stopped working for no apparent reason. They shipped a new one FedEx overnight. Still didn’t work. Sent a repairman. The original installer did not properly ground the box and it just finally couldn’t make a satellite connection. So far so good. DTV wanted the old box back. I called and was told they had to send me a return package and that I should receive it within the week. A week goes by. Nothing. I call again. There is no record of my return package being ordered. Another one is ordered. Almost a week goes by. Nothing. I call again. There is no record of my return package being ordered, and another one will sent out in a couple of days. Almost as a throwaway, the customer service agent explains that I should get the box in “a week or so.” I tell her I don’t need a box. I have the box the new unit came in. I need a return label and the paperwork that accompanies the return. Can’t do that. They have to send an empty box . . . FedEx and that it will take approximately a week or so to deliver the empty box (that I don’t need), rather than putting a stamp on an envelope and sending the paperwork and label that I need. Remember they want the box back. Me, I don’t care. It can go to the curb for all I care. DTV built its reputation on first-class service. I know I enjoyed that service for almost 15 years. No more. Yes the agents are still pleasant, but common sense apparently takes a back seat to some sort of Byzantine protocol that has them spending way too much to send me an empty box. If they don’t come through this time, I’m ripping it all out and going with cable. If I’m not going to get sterling service, I might just as well get bad service from the local company.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 237031439770231/k2311a037/3.7.11