Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I bought this cleanser after reading so many good reviews about it
  • I decided to go for something more effective
  • In our minds we have been conditioned to believe that anything that is more expensive and reputed would work the best and when it comes to skincare too that is the case
  • As for the detailed ingredients list I was disappointed to see parabens
  • However, I do not recommend the Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating cleanser to anyone with oily skin

• by true_value

I bought this cleanser after reading so many good reviews about it. I have oily, sensitive and acne prone skin which has gotten worse with my post pregnancy neglect. I couldn’t find the time and the mind frame to spend time on my skin care and my skin being oily became oilier and I ended up with clogged and enlarged pores.

When I realized how bad the condition of my skin was I was so upset and mad at myself for having neglected it and now having to deal with so many issues. Normally I use skin care products that I would find at the drugstore and then rely on my weekly facial steaming and clay mask. But since I wasn’t steaming or using a mask for almost 8 months the usual steaming and mask was not enough. I decided to go for something more effective.

In our minds we have been conditioned to believe that anything that is more expensive and reputed would work the best and when it comes to skincare too that is the case. The high end skincare line makes products whose prices are like many times higher than

the ones found in drugstore. Of all the high end brands I chose to go for Murad because there is something about the brand that makes it sound and look like products made in the clinic buy doctors. The founder is also a Dermatologist. The other luxury cosmetic brands like Lancome, Estee Lauder etc., the skincare made by those brands does not appeal to me for some reason.

I ordered the Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleaner and paid a hefty $38.00 for the 150ml bottle. The cleanser comes in a clear squeeze tube with the Murad stamp on it. The squeeze tube is huge and is well worth the price as a little goes a long way.

Murad claims that the cleanser smoothes texture while cleansing impurities with a trio of gentle exfoliating acids. Salicylic, Lactic and Glycolic Acids provide clarity, brightness and improve cell-turnover by dissolving dead skin cell build up. Jojoba beads further polish and smooth skin. Further the Additional features and ingredients which are Sodium PCA and Jojoba Seed Oil boost hydration and Licorice Extract reduces irritation and inflammation.

As for the detailed ingredients list I was disappointed to see parabens. While ...

• there are so many less expensive products with no parabens it is kind of sad that even after charging such a high price the ingredients still contains parabens and such.

The recommended usage of the cleanser if 2 to 3 times a week but gently massaging the cleanser on face and neck and rinsing off with warm water. To be honest after seeing such rave reviews I had very high hopes and expectations from this cleanser to exfoliate the dead skin and hoping that the AHA/BHA would help brighten and improve the texture of my skin.

When I first used the cleanser I was delighted with how nice it felt on my skin. The beads were just the right size and seemed to gently exfoliate and at the same time cleanse it with its rich foaming action. My skin felt very clean and fresh. But after drying and following up with my regular moisturizers I felt that the cleanser actually made my skin extremely oily.

At first I decided to use it almost every day as most of the reviewers mentioned that the cleanser is so gentle that it can be used twice a

day. But for me that was not the case. Using it once a day made my skin super oily and dull. So I decided to stick to the Murad instructions and used it only twice a week but even so on the days I used the cleanser my skin felt great while using it but soon it would turn into an oil slick.

I was so disappointed with the cleanser that every time I looked at the huge tube sitting in my bathroom sink I felt frustrated. In fact I was hoping if I could sell it off on eBay or something. But for some reason I just kept it.

Recently I bought the Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System which is said to be the dupe of the Clarisonic. It came with the Pro-X cleanser which reminded me a lot of the Murad exfoliating cleanser which made me try the Murad Cleanser with the Olay cleansing system and that way it seemed to work much better. It made my skin feel clean and bright and in fact less oily than usual.

However, I do not recommend the Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating cleanser to anyone with oily skin.

Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317031439670231/k2311a037/3.7.11