Victoria’s Secret Hydrating Body Lotion in Pure Seduction
  • I get chapped skin on my poor hands, and I dislike the tightness that develops after frequent washing
  • I think I have used a VS body cream also, and the lotion fares not very disparate to that cream, though the lotion is not as thick and runs like fluid
  • Above all, I love how the fragrance retains that freshness, but not in a soapy way
  • I also recommend them as a fabulous crash course to explore various scents, especially the one note fragrances to orient yourself about the building blocks of perfumery

• by jhunie

The time I got this Victoria’s Secret hydrating lotion, it stirred a nostalgic vein in me after sniffing the perfumed lotion. There’s no doubt I have had used this lotion before. Or it is highly probable that my old perfumes have freesia in them, one way or another. Mom passed it to me as she prefers Endless Love, another VS fragranced lotion, over this Pure Seduction. I am more inclined to the uber feminine fragrance in this lotion, as in every VS product I’ve received. Pure Seduction, in the name itself, is very sensual, and surprisingly, that also translates to the feel of the lotion and not just the scent.

Like the rest of the VS lotions in the past, this makes a great scented hand cream. The lotion feels velvety. My hands are always busy, which urges me to wash them incessantly. I get chapped skin on my poor hands, and I dislike the tightness that develops after frequent washing. The lotion delivers an instant moisturizing kick to dry

skin. I think I have used a VS body cream also, and the lotion fares not very disparate to that cream, though the lotion is not as thick and runs like fluid. I accidentally spilled some of the lotion. While spreading the lotion on one hand and holding the bottle on the other, I was not aware that I was holding it upside down. The lotion oozed down to the floor.

As the common suspects, I slather quite a lot of this lotion on exceptionally dry parts, such as the elbows and knees. It feels fairly hydrating on those areas. For texture sensitive people, the lotion’s silky texture can evolve into something icky. Years ago, I probably wouldn’t mind it as I’ve lived with using scented lotions of any brand. Now, I have become rather discriminating in buying products, picking only the organic ones among others. So the greasy quality feels new. For example, I was typing in front of my laptop, clad in my usual bedroom getup: ...

• in boyshorts and bare legs. One arm supporting my chin, I leaned in front of my laptop and laid one of my elbows upon my thigh, and it kind of slipped. I touched the elbow, and it really felt somewhat tacky. I must have overwhelmed the area of lotion. However silky or greasy it may be, it’s a sure bet that the lotion is indeed, richly hydrating, and it lasts as well. The dyed lotion shows a pink hue that’s as girly as it smells.

Not all VS scents are worth digging. That I know. When I caught the smell from my mom, I asked, “Who smells like freesias?” (inadvertently borrowed from a Miranda Priestley quote). I was drawn to the scent. The fragrance smells fresh, even though, you can tell right off the bat that it’s something floral. I think freesias have a very deep nauseating scent that induces headache. It’s a brash bouquet of flowers, so to speak. The fruity notes of casaba melon and

plum managed to tone down its herbaceous, floral scent. I can’t determine the melon in it, frankly, instead I smell something that resembles a light apricot, and the plum too smells like raspberry. It’s not accurate. I suspect there’s a similarity to a Chloe perfume. A faint hint of the scent stays, all I can smell by then is a fruity, sensual base. Above all, I love how the fragrance retains that freshness, but not in a soapy way. It doesn’t turn powdery on the skin.

If you want to moisturize your skin and smell great at the same time, there’s a crop of VS lotions you can indulge yourself in. Though I used to be a cynic, because everyone smells like it these days (apart from this one). Here, the price comes as low as 5 dollars. I also recommend them as a fabulous crash course to explore various scents, especially the one note fragrances to orient yourself about the building blocks of perfumery. Nevertheless, buy it for the fragrance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317031439650231/k2311a037/3.7.11