Motorola (FV300) 4-Pack 2-Way Radios  » Electronics  »
1.5
  • Before I begin my experience, I have to complement on the battery type
  • I suggest you spend some money and get yourself a decent one that actually works

• by MisterTickle

The Motorola two way radios was a good deal. For $79.99, you can get four radios. This means that four people can communicate at once unlike the usual two radios. According to the specifications, this two way radio set had a distance of 16 kilometers, uses NiMH batteries, scan feature, keypad lock, ten tones, and a LCD battery indicator on each of the four radios. This is pretty straight forwards.

In the box, there are four radios. There are four belt clips associated with each radio. The last thing in this box is a manual. Setting this up was very easy. You simply let the two way radios charge for roughly eight hours and then you can begin using them. Before I begin my experience, I have to

complement on the battery type. It is useful when the battery is the NiMH type. This means that you do not have to drain out the battery completely before having charging it. This way, there will be no battery damage and will not shorten the battery life as much. For the regular lithium battery, they can get damaged if charged when the battery is not fully drained.

Now, the actual two way radios need some serious work. They do not work well in a city environment. They work great around the house. I can be at one end of the house and someone else would be at the other end of the house and we can hear each other loud and clear with no static. The connection is ...

• great. However, the connection becomes weaker when we are around a few hundred feet apart. This two way radio set cannot go anywhere near the 16 kilometers it said that it would go. I would say that this is good for road trips such as going camping. If everyone takes one of these, it is very easy to communicate with one another as long as no one goes too far away from the group.

The controls are quite simple on the two way radio. For one thing, this two way radio is very small. It comes with the basic talk button, volume buttons, and the menu button. There isn’t much to say about this product in terms of the layout and controls. This is a very simple two way

radio. Overall, I do not recommend this. You cannot be very far to one another or else you will lose connection. I suggest you spend some money and get yourself a decent one that actually works. This is for maybe a family in the mall or a supermarket where you want to find out where everyone is. I have experienced some problems even in a mall. Because of the buildings and walls, the connection is that great. However, I can bear it talking from one end of the mall to the other. Not the greatest two way radios, probably better suited for kids to use for fun instead of adults. However, the battery on this two way radio is good. I cannot find another two way radio with this NiMH battery.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 167031439570231/k2311a037/3.7.11