Royal River Casino & Hotel
607 S. Veterans Street, Flandreau, South Dakota 57028
  • The city where Royal River located was a small one but there was all the necessary stuff around the casino itself, so that was not a problem as such
  • There was an array of progressive video poker games and also other quarter games which offered reasonably loose odds in my opinion
  • The blackjack game I played was boring mainly with unimpressive dealers and disinterested pit boss
  • Overall the table games disappointed big time at Royal River casino and not surprisingly the entire pit wore a deserted look most of the time

• by demandon

Royal River Casino and Hotel was a decent stay. I got a room just as my reserved over the phone. I was on a business trip and this place was a stopover for me during the trip. One nice thing was that they gave a nice discount of five dollars for a night.

The city where Royal River located was a small one but there was all the necessary stuff around the casino itself, so that was not a problem as such. There was some initial problem in listing this establishment in my GPS but later got the direction right. Though the check in queue

was long when I came in, it was moving fast as there were multiple people taking care of the guests.

The entire check in took around ten minutes still, which was only average by any yard stick. The room I got was at the end of the corridor so there was a walk needed. But once inside the room I was impressed.

The size was little more than average casino hotel rooms I have been to. But the furniture was minimal. Other facilities were there like a fully fledged coffee maker and iron board and box.

The casino of Royal River had hundreds of machines ...

• but never like any Vegas casinos. It was small in size and had a cramped and age old style d├ęcor. However the machines were strikingly inviting with many locals playing day and night.

The sound of machines were not annoying here and I am sure everybody will like this casino for that. There was an array of progressive video poker games and also other quarter games which offered reasonably loose odds in my opinion. I did not play here for long hours but in limited time my money seemed to stay long.

Table games area of Royal River casino never looked inviting. It was obviously

the weakest link here. There were only few tables most of them were classic games.

Other than blackjack and poker no other games could be seen. Added to that couple of tables was closed all through the night and they seemed to be dusty as well. The blackjack game I played was boring mainly with unimpressive dealers and disinterested pit boss.

Also the rules and decks too were not something special. Overall the table games disappointed big time at Royal River casino and not surprisingly the entire pit wore a deserted look most of the time. I too stopped playing and went back to video poker without much delay.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 487031439480231/k2311a037/3.7.11