Mr. Dee’s French Fries
2.5
  • I recently found them on sale at one of our local stores for 99 cents but I think they normally sell for about $1.50 per bag
  • The fries are also much larger than I thought they would be
  • I usually bake fries rather than digging out a frying pan (I don't like cooking with oil when I can avoid it)
  • But, if you are shopping for quality rather than price, I would recommend looking for a brand that is a bit more expensive

• by Review Vigilante

Product Description: Bag of frozen crinkle-cut style French fries. I recently found them on sale at one of our local stores for 99 cents but I think they normally sell for about $1. 50 per bag.

What I liked about this product: Usually, if I spend so little on fries, I sacrifice something in terms of quantity. That was not the case with this brand.

There were actually quite a few fries

in each of the two bags I purchased. This is important for me because my kids love fries and we need to make a large quantity at a time to make sure all four of us get enough of them.

With this brand, I am able to get two meals’ worth of fries from one bag and I can’t beat that value. The fries are also much larger than I thought ...

• they would be.

Most are 3 to 4 inches in length and there are some that are even longer (I think my daughter found one that was about 6 inches long). What I didn’t like about these fries: I usually bake fries rather than digging out a frying pan (I don’t like cooking with oil when I can avoid it).

With most brands, the fries come out golden brown and crisp.

With this brand, they came out white and very soft.

That just was not enjoyable. The fries also could have used a lot more salt.

I thought they were very bland when I was eating them; something, again, that wasn’t very enjoyable to me. My Final Opinion: They are an OK cheap brand.

But, if you are shopping for quality rather than price, I would recommend looking for a brand that is a bit more expensive.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 277031439320131/k2311a037/3.7.11