Vegeta Gourmet Stock by Podravka
  • They commented that it is the first time they tasted an omelet and fried garlic rice so delicious, flavorful, and appetizing

• by Ninrec

Ever since my sister-in-law gave me a can of Vegeta Gourmet stock three years ago, it has been an essential part of my pantry. This stock is very versatile. I use it in almost all of my recipes. It is also healthy because Vegeta is 99% fat free, gluten free, lactose free, no animal content and no GMO. GMO by the way stands for Genetically Modified Organisms, which refers to any food product that has been altered at the gene level.

Vegeta is a powder made

from dried vegetables and spices that when dissolved in the soups and sauces I make brings out a taste that is subtle, I really cannot tell which spices or vegetables give that special taste. There is also no unpleasant smell or aftertaste. I use this too in barbecues, sea foods, and meats. When used as seasoning for sea foods and meats, I do away with salt as vegeta already gives some saltiness to the food.

When my daughter’s friends tasted the omelet and fried rice I prepared for ...

• them, they asked if I have a secret ingredient because the taste is really something different. They commented that it is the first time they tasted an omelet and fried garlic rice so delicious, flavorful, and appetizing.

It is also very economical because just a spoonful can already give flavor to the food. Of course, it also depends on how strong the flavor a cook wants his/her recipe to come out. But for me, just a spoonful is right. In my garlic fried rice recipe, the gourmet

stock gives the rice a yellowish color that I no longer need to add margarine or butter to achieve that yellow appetizing color.

There is just one thing that I always remember to do. I always use a dry spoon when getting the stock from the can. There was a time that I forgot to use a dry spoon, the stock got wet and the whole can was spoiled. Always remember too to put the lid properly otherwise, the content might become moist and become spoiled in the process.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 277031439280131/k2311a037/3.7.11