Movie: High Fidelity (2000)  » Movies  »
  • I thought this movie was extremely entertaining
  • What I don't like about Laura is that she keeps poppping up like a jack-in-the-box
  • I love Rob's record store employess, Dick (Tom Louiso), and Barry (Jack Black)
  • I think Jack Black rocks and he does an outstanding job in this movie
  • In my opinion though, you all need to see this flick if you are even considering a relationship with someone

• by jezebelle1248

I thought this movie was extremely entertaining. Rob Gordon, (expertly portrayed by John Cusack) is in the midst of a nasty split from his current girlfriend, Laura (played by Iben Hjejle, best of luck pronouncing that!). He is mad at the world and cannot understand why he cannot succeeed in a relationship. He decides to analyze the heck out of his last five relationships, including his and Laura’s.

Rob is the owner of a used record store that is dwindling rapidly in the age of the Compact

Disk. He’s not doing what he really wants to do which is produce new bands. His new ex, Laura, is constantly annoyed by this and she is tired of Rob in general.

I can’t say I blame her. As the story unfolds, I get to meet Laura and four other ex-girlfriends. I really started to see Rob as a selfish guy who was never in tune with what the women in his life need. He irritated me to no end with his constant brooding. Everything is all about ...

• him, he considers no one else’s feelings.

What I don’t like about Laura is that she keeps poppping up like a jack-in-the-box. It’s bad enough that she left Rob for someone else, in fact she’s living upstairs with her new beau! Thats just mean. She keeps showing up at odd hours to get more of her stuff. Why can’t she just leave him be? How the heck is he supposed to move on?

I love Rob’s record store employess, Dick (Tom Louiso), and Barry (Jack Black). Dick is quiet

and meek while Barry is rude, crude, and socially unacceptable. I think Jack Black rocks and he does an outstanding job in this movie. His character is so great because he provides much needed comic relief.

I am not going to tell you what else happens or how the movie ends, check it out for yourself. In my opinion though, you all need to see this flick if you are even considering a relationship with someone. In fact, this movie should be a requirement for all of us.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 117031439260131/k2311a037/3.7.11