Revlon Photo Ready Powder  » Cosmetics  »
  • One payday, however, I decided to splurge a little, if only to know just how the alleged airbrushed effect looks on my skin
  • But, all in all, Revlon Photo Ready Powder is a nice product that I would recommend to those who are into having clear and smooth-looking skin, especially in photographs

• by notebooker

I am an amateur photographer who is addicted to getting perfect portraits. Embarrassing as it may sound, the moment I saw a makeup product that had the words photo ready attached to it, I immediately became curious and considered purchasing Revlon Photo Ready Powder.

I have heard about the product before, from photographers who say that it does give you even skin that looks as if it is airbrushed in photographs. But the price of the product threw me a bit off since I never spend that much on powder.

One payday, however, I decided to

splurge a little, if only to know just how the alleged airbrushed effect looks on my skin. When I opened the container, I was surprised because Revlon Photo Ready Powder looks really sheer unlike the regular compact pressed powders that I am used to putting on. The product was very light and easy to blend in even if I layered it over my moisturizer. My moisturizer did not clump at all and blending smoothly with the pressed powder. More importantly, it gave my skin a smooth finish. Of course, I could not resist taking ...

• photos of my face with the powder, which I did, right after I tried it. My skin looked really soft and smooth in the camera LCD, and even better on my laptop screen. When I zoomed in on my nose and its sides, which have blemishes and large pores, I could see that the powder effectively hid them and made the light from the flash very well-distributed on my face.

One thing I missed, though, about this powder was a better oil-control feature, because hours later, I needed a good retouch already. I guess one

needs to do this with every face powder anyway, but I just wish that the time I need to reapply the product would be much longer, because there are so many other things I need to do apart from doing a retouch. The product, also, was a bit pricey, which means that I will have to use the product only on special occasions to make it last longer. But, all in all, Revlon Photo Ready Powder is a nice product that I would recommend to those who are into having clear and smooth-looking skin, especially in photographs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317031439100131/k2311a037/3.7.11