Ghost Hunters TV Episode: Pennsylvania Asylum
2.5
  • As always, I love when they go to place that the average person might not have heard of and give you a little bit of history about it
  • When they were discussing the abuse of the inmates, I thought they were talking about something that happened in the early 1900s or something

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: The TAPS team unveils their new van as they travel to Pennsylvania to investigate Penhurst Asylum (shut down in 1986 for abusing the inmates). What I liked about this episode: As always, I love when they go to place that the average person might not have heard of and give you a little bit of history about it.

something that happened in the early 1900s or something.

I was surprised to learn something like that happened in my lifetime and the building is still standing 25 years later so people can see where that horror actually occurred.

I also liked how they focused this episode on just the one investigation.

When they try to cram two investigations in, the episodes just aren’t as good because you don’t get too see too much ...

• of either.

I liked both the investigation itself and the interaction of the investigators; something you just can’t get when they have to edit a lot out to make two investigations fit in an hour-long program.

What I didn’t like about this episode: Once again, the evidence wasn’t all that impressive.

They got some voices on tape, which is more than most episodes, but the did nothing to validate claims of human apparitions walking

through the building (perhaps because they always have the lights turned off and have to rely on shadows).

I also wasn’t a big fan of them showing Jason and Grant working as plumbers.

At this point, it’s really not that believeable when they have a camera crew with them.

My Final Opinion: It was better than the season premiere and some other recent episodes.

But, it falls well short of making the list of my all-time favorite investigations.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 107031439080131/k2311a037/3.7.11