Belle de Jour Notebook
  • I think the price is too much for it thickness
  • I like that it's color pink and with twinkles and girly designs, but the illustration of the woman is kind of not so attractive to me
  • Because it's a small pink notebook, many of my girl classmates notice it and they always ask me where I bought it
  • However, my dad thought it's a Christmas card, I know it's because it's not like the size of a usual notebook and it's so thin, it's also because the cover is colorful

• by autumndreamer

This Belle de Jour Essentials Forget-me-not Notebook can be bought from Belle de Jour’s official web site www.belledejourpowerplanner.com for only $1.78. It is just a thin notebook, just 16 leaves. I think the price is too much for it thickness. It only has few pages. Even though these pages are really useful, it is not enough and I think not worth the price.

This BDJ Essentials is an extra-special notebook to plan for projects, to bring on meetings, to remember important things, activities, events, for random thoughts, scribbles, tracking expenses, list books to read, things to buy, and things to save for.

When you buy the Belle de Jour Power Planner, you cannot choose which forget-me-not notebook design you want because the notebook included in the planner is placed right inside the planner which is tightly plastic sealed. That’s why you won’t be able to choose which design you want. But if you are going to buy on

their official web site, you can choose the design of the notebook you want. As I remember, I think there are four designs available that you can choose from. The forget-me-not notebook I got from my planner is the pink one. It’s a pink notebook with an illustration of a woman holding a teacup. I didn’t like the illustration so much. I like that it’s color pink and with twinkles and girly designs, but the illustration of the woman is kind of not so attractive to me. I mean I think they should have had a better illustration of woman in their notebooks.

Anyway, I think this notebook is still very cute. It’s size is not like the usual notebook, it’s actually smaller and of course, thinner. But it’s really really cute. Because it’s a small pink notebook, many of my girl classmates notice it and they always ask me where I bought it. They are all

attracted and interested to the cuteness of this notebook. However, my dad thought it’s a Christmas card, I know it’s because it’s not like the size of a usual notebook and it’s so thin, it’s also because the cover is colorful. But it really attracts attention like from my other friends.

On the first page is a pink-colored page, it’s a cute shade of pink and this page contains a poem titled “Why Every Woman is Beautiful”. This is a very beautiful and inspiring poem for every women because it tells about how every women is beautiful in many different ways, it’s the perfect poem for the first page that’s why they put it there. and why they chose it for this notebook. Under the poem is the directions on how to use this BDJ Essential notebook.

The rest of the pages are white with pink designs. Next to the first page are two pages of “Important Events ...

• Belle de Jour Notebook
      Tracker”. I don’t use this page. It’s so useless for me especially because I already have my planner where I can track all the important events. On the next pages are six pages of “Project Planner”. These Project Planner pages are my favorite pages in the notebook. It really helps me organize my projects related to school and also my projects for myself. The next pages are just blank notes with faint pink grid lines and pink sparkles so it’s still cute and stylish even these are blank pages. On the bottom and top of these pages are designed by short lines from the “Why Every Women is Beautiful” poem for inspiration. On the last pages are fives pages of “My Lists” where I can list all of the things I want to list like shopping lists, Christmas Wish list, gift lists, and any other lists. Then there’s contacts pages where I can list all my
      contacts. I don’t use this page simply because I already have all my contacts on my phone. The last page is very useful to all working girls out there. These are emergency business cards. For a career woman who forgets her business cards, these emergency business cards are good substitutes. Well, I still haven’t used these emergency business cards but I know i’ll need it one day.

All in all, it’s a really cute notebook and it’s functional as well. Even though it only has few pages, it is really useful for every women. This notebook is really just for women because of its designs, but it’s really useful because of the notebook’s features. But even though it is really useful, I still hope they will add more pages to this notebook because for me, the pages are not enough. It is not worth the price but maybe if they will add more like 20 pages, it’s a good deal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 127031439060131/k2311a037/3.7.11