Painkiller Jane TV Episode: Season 1 Episode 9: Trial By Fire  » TV  »
  • I think this may be the best episode of the season thus far

• by bobo8734

As I continue this series of reviews of Painkiller Jane, an original series from the Sci Fi Channel, I am typing them up as I watch them. I started with the first episode and then jumped to where I am in the series. I will go back and fill in the rest of them when I have finished watching the rest of the series. What can I say: I like continuity!

In Episode

9: Trial By Fire, the show starts with a trial of a serial arsonist. By the commercial break, we see that it is Connor (the big, burly guy on Jane’s team) that is accused. The team begins investigating to try and clear him, but finds more questions than answers. I won’t ruin the story for you this time by telling you what all happens like I did with the pilot. Sorry ...

• about that! ;-)

This show was very well done. We see more character development of the various team members, especially Connor and Andre. We finally see Andre stepping up and directly confronting his boss, who appears to be working against the team on this one. We have been seeing Connor slowly becoming more three dimensional as the scripts get better and Noah Danby becomes more comfortable with the character he portrays. We

also see Riley becoming more bold in his desires to be more active as a field operative. He also realizes though that the team members can be as effective as they are primarily because of his pivotal role on the team.

I am giving this episode an 8 out of 10 pieces of buttery popcorn; I think this may be the best episode of the season thus far. Granted, I still have 15 more episodes to go.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 107031439040131/k2311a037/3.7.11