The 2006 Hyundia Tiburon  » Cars  »
  • The other problem is that the manual transmission is starting to go bad
  • This is a real feel good car, it's sporty cute and fun to drive, I would have gladly taken less trunk room for more of a back seat, but I guess you can't have it all, but the back seats also fold down if you need even more trunk space, but putting all of that aside I like this car most for it's dependability

• by fastedit

My girlfriend had a 2004 Hyundai accent, she really loved that car, but when she had an accident and totaled it we decided to get her a new car. She wanted another Hyundai because she liked how safe it was, she rolled it over three times and walked away without a scratch, so we decided on the 2006 Hyundai Tiburon sports coupe.

We bought the car brand new in 2006, we both liked it right off the bat, the first thing I noticed was how cool it looked, the allow wheels and the spoiler on the back really give it a sporty look, My girlfriend liked the dark blue color and the pop up sunroof.

The Tiburan sits really low, you have to go down a long way

to sit in it, The leg room in the front seats is ok, I am 6ft two inches and have plenty of leg room in the front, but the back seat is a different story, I have no leg room and have to sit kind of to the side to keep my head from hitting the sealing. This is a comfortable car for two people but when you try to cram more than that in it, things get a little tight.

The car has a nice stereo system with built in single CD player, speakers get pretty loud and even after five years the CD player does not skip and the air conditioner still runs strong.

The car handles very well even in the snow and rain, the ...

• steering wheel is nice and thick and easy to grip, didn’t even need the manual to find all of the controls, they are very well laid out. And even though it sits pretty low, I have no problems seeing the road over the hood. It’s pretty quick and I find myself constantly checking my speed when I don’t have the cruise control on.

This car has proved to be very dependable over the years, we have well over 100,000 miles and it still runs very good. We live in Illinois and we have driven this car to Florida several times as well as New Orleans and we travel to St. Louis on a regular bases, we drive this car because of it’s great gas mileage. I can drive from

Vandalia Illinois to Chicago which is about 241 miles on a half a tank of gas! This car has never failed to start even on the coldest days and in five years we only had two major problems with it, first one of the ball bearings in the back wheels went out. The other problem is that the manual transmission is starting to go bad.

This is a real feel good car, it’s sporty cute and fun to drive, I would have gladly taken less trunk room for more of a back seat, but I guess you can’t have it all, but the back seats also fold down if you need even more trunk space, but putting all of that aside I like this car most for it’s dependability.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 97031439030131/k2311a037/3.7.11