Listerine Quick-Dissolve Whitening Strips
1.5
  • I decided to try the Listerine brand mostly based on the price, and also the fact that the strips claimed to be “quick-dissolve”, which really appealed to me
  • I like the results I get from the whitening strips, but I have always hated having to wear them for 30 minutes at a time, twice a day
  • The box of strips cost only about $15, which is considerably less expensive than most other white strips, so I found the price to be reasonable
  • Although this was convenient, I also found the taste of the strips unpleasant, and they left a bit of a residue behind
  • I would not recommend these whitening strips

• by kaygen

Listerine Quick-Dissolve Whitening Strips are an alternative to more expensive white strips, as the Listerine brand costs less than half of brands such as Crest White Strips. I decided to try the Listerine brand mostly based on the price, and also the fact that the strips claimed to be “quick-dissolve”, which really appealed to me. I typically use some sort of whitening strips (usually Crest) about twice a year. I like the results I get from the whitening strips, but I have always hated having to wear them for 30 minutes at a time, twice a day. So, I was excited to see a product that would actually just dissolve within 5 minutes. It sounded like a lot less hassle that the usual application and removal

process.

The box of strips cost only about $15, which is considerably less expensive than most other white strips, so I found the price to be reasonable. However, when I began trying to use the strips, I soon found myself frustrated. The strips were difficult to remove from the package. Once I finally managed to pull one of the strips away from the package, the strip had halfway dissolved in my hands. There was not point trying to apply it to my teeth, so it ended up in the trash. I tried again, had a little better luck with the second strip I tried. I managed to get it onto my top teeth, although it was still quite messy.

The strips do, in fact, dissolve quickly. Although ...

• this was convenient, I also found the taste of the strips unpleasant, and they left a bit of a residue behind. I could manage this problem as long as I brushed my teeth right after the strips dissolved. I The reality of the “quick dissolve” feature was that the strips actually dissolve TOO quickly. I made the mistake of trying to use them after a shower, when the bathroom was still a bit steamy, and the strips were practically liquid before I even got them out of the package. I was still curious about the whitening results, so I ended up sticking with it and using the entire box of strips (although, I still had some problems getting some of them out of the package) and after I
        completed the two weeks, I did notice an improvement in the color of my teeth. I would not say the results were as drastic as I get with Crest Whitestrips, but there was still some whitening effect.

The bottom line, however, is that I found the product very messy overall. The directions are clear, and they claim “no mess”, which I found to be completely false. I thought I would like the dissolving strips, but I didn’t. The taste was gross and the mess was more of a hassle than anything else.

I would not recommend these whitening strips. Even though the price is very reasonable, it’s just not worth the hassle and mess. There are better products available that will give good results without the mess.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 347031439000131/k2311a037/3.7.11