CHICKEN DINNER recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I think most of you will love this for any dinner
  • After 30 to 40 minutes, return to find a dish fit for a king that is really delicious

• by covenly1
      As an out of the home worker all day, I really enjoy fixing up recipes that allow me to do ‘other things’ while they nearly make themselves, while keeping the healthy foods on our dinner table!

I think most of you will love this for any dinner……. company should be enjoyed, not ignored, while you prepare foods, if it can be done! You will need a big skillet, boneless/skinless chicken breasts, one can of mushroom soup, 2 of those soup cans filled with milk (amt), a cup of rice or so, and a can or two of colorful veggies like canned corn and/or canned peas. You will need a lid for the skillet.

You will need

olive oil, garlic (if desired), as well. Take boneless, skinless chicken breasts, fry them in olive oil that you have chopped a couple of garlic cloves, into, along with some salt and pepper to taste.

After the chicken has been cooked enough to be crispy……it won’t take long for the chicken meat to complete cooking in the next step. I use a BIG skillet.

After I have fried the chicken breasts in this oil, I pour out the oil, as much as possible. Add one can of mushroom soup, 2 cans of milk, and add a can or two of your favorite type vegetables into the skillet.

I use a can of corn and a ...

• can of peas, as that makes for a pretty colorful dish, when done. Add about a cup of rice to the whole thing.

Put the lid on the skillet, and simmer. Go do something else.

This dish will complete on it’s own, if you are sure you have left the skillet really low on the heat. Remember, after you have just crisped up, by frying just a bit, the chicken, all the other ingredients go in at once, and by just lowering the temperature to as low as possible, putting the lid on the mixture is the last thing you really need to do! After 30 to 40 minutes, return to find a dish fit

for a king that is really delicious! It is a healthy way to eat, that just looks as good as it tastes.

Running short on milk, that day? Just add a little less milk, and a little water to take its place. If you don’t have the veggies I mentioned, just use some other kind.

If you don’t have any, leave it out, and just add some rice!! The concentrated mushroom canned soup will act as gravy, and taste like a great gravy with the rice. Of course, my husband always thinks I’ve outdone myself with work when I serve this to him.

Presentation is everything! LOL………Take a break, and try this recipe. You WILL love it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4991114390330/k2311a119/11.9.05