Cover Girl Outlast Lip Stain  » Cosmetics  »
  • The main thing I like about this lipstain is that it looks more natural than other lipsticks
  • The problem I had at first, however, was that the lip stain was a bit drying
  • Because I liked the color and the way it looked on my lips, I decided to try the product with gloss or even lip balm over it
  • I prefer the pinker tones that are close in shade to the natural color of my lips (or the color I wish they were, I should say) This product is the perfect alternative to heavy lipsticks, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to add subtle color to their lips, without having to apply thick lipstick
  • I have seen it anywhere from 8-$10, which is a good deal for this type of product, and in my opinion it’s worth the price

• by kaygen

This lip color by Cover Girl is different than most lip colors. It is not really a lipstick, nor is it a lip gloss. It is a lip stain that, when applied to lips, gives them a “stain” of color. The product resembles a marker rather than a lipstick, and it deposits color onto your lips which lasts for a long time, but doesn’t feel as if there is anything on your lips. It’s quite unique, and once I figured out how to wear it, I quite liked it.

The main thing I like about this lipstain is that it looks more natural than other lipsticks. When you have regular lipstick on your lips, it’s quite evident in both the way it looks and the way

it feels. When you have the lip stain on your lips, however, it gives your lips just a flush of color, and sort of soaks into your lips. The way it bleeds into the lips creates a very natural-looking color, rather than a fake looking heavy, made-up look that lipstick can create.

The problem I had at first, however, was that the lip stain was a bit drying. The marker-like tip made it very easy to apply the product, and it went on slightly wet. But after it had dried, my lips felt tight and a bit chapped. I also didn’t like the way the product tasted, it had a bitter taste to it, and I found that I kept licking or smacking my lips in order to solve ...

• the dryness problem. Because I liked the color and the way it looked on my lips, I decided to try the product with gloss or even lip balm over it.

I applied the color as usual, let it dry and soak in, and then applied a this layer of clear gloss over it. This solved the dryness problem, as well as the problem of the bitter taste, since with the gloss on my lips, I was less tempted to lick them. For a more natural look, I applied the lip stain as usual and followed up with regular chapstick or other clear balm. This kept my lips moisturized, while still looking natural. When I wore the lipstain with gloss or balm, the product lasted a long time.

Even after some of the gloss wore off, my lips still had color because the stain stayed put.

The lip stain comes in several colors, from pinks, reds, and peach tones, to beige and earth tones. I prefer the pinker tones that are close in shade to the natural color of my lips (or the color I wish they were, I should say) This product is the perfect alternative to heavy lipsticks, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to add subtle color to their lips, without having to apply thick lipstick. This product costs about the same as traditional drugstore lipsticks. I have seen it anywhere from 8-$10, which is a good deal for this type of product, and in my opinion it’s worth the price.

Cover Girl Outlast Lip Stain

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316031438940531/k2311a036/3.6.11