The Xbox 360 Kinect game system
2.5
  • I found it fascinating how every time I did something my on screen avatar did the same thing, if I bend he bends if I jump he jumps, but to be honest with you the whole thing got pretty boring pretty fast, we bought our Kinect a few months ago, and already don't play it anymore
  • The Kinect is an amazing achievement in gaming, Its a lot of fun and it can really keep you in shape, but I wouldn’t recommend it unless you are really into gaming

• by fastedit

I remember my first video game system, it was an Atari 2600, it was state of the art for it’s time, and I remember saying that there is no way they could ever top this, boy was I wrong. I had many different game systems like atari 5200, Sega, even the PlayStation, but nothing prepared me for the xbox Kinect system, this thing blew my mind.

If you have the xbox you are already use to superior game play and mind blowing graphics, but the kinect system takes it to an entirely different level. Once I brought it home I couldn’t wait to set it up and get started. The Kinect camera has a shiny black finish to it, it’s sleek and cool and it looks like a very sophisticated webcam and actually it is.

It was very easy to hook up to the xbox, it was only one hole that would fit it so I couldn’t go wrong, I never had to look at the instructions, once it’s plugged in, the on screen prompts will guide you threw the installation.

In fact what probably took the most time was calibrating the kinect, it will ask you to stand in certain areas and do certain things in front of it for it to get lined up right. But even that only took about 20 minutes.

As I said before, the Kinect is a webcam with a built in mic so you can use it to chat with your friends (If you have a xbox live subscription) The cool thing is the camera will actually follow you around the room automatically.

• The technology also takes voice commands, you can instruct your xbox to do lots of cool things, Like open other applications or rewind and fast forward netflix movies.

The Kinect comes with a game disc, and it has a couple of nice games on it, my favorite is called Rollerball, in this game you try to hit balls while they come at you, it’s pretty cool dodging and kicking and hitting, but make sure you have plenty of room, cause me and my girlfriend have accidentally hit each other lots of times while playing this game, also the game really keeps you hustling, I always work up a sweat when I play it.

if I jump he jumps, but to be honest with you the whole thing got pretty boring pretty fast, we bought our Kinect a few months ago, and already don’t play it anymore. When we saw it in the store we were all excited and said we were going to have a million games by the end of the year but now the thrill is gone and the kinect just sits on top of the tv looking at us.

Maybe if we were younger we would play more games, but at 45 we have more fun cuddling on the couch and watching netflix on the xbox.

The Kinect is an amazing achievement in gaming, Its a lot of fun and it can really keep you in shape, but I wouldn’t recommend it unless you are really into gaming.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 286031438930531/k2311a036/3.6.11