Max Factor Pan-Cake Water-Activated Makeup
  • I know it’s been around for years, and I had heard good things about it, but I was never interested in trying it until I found it on clearance at the drugstore recently
  • So I think that Max Factor could have chosen a better name for the product,
  • But after trying this make up, I found that other than the product name, this stuff is pretty amazing
  • Another aspect of this foundation that I love is that it really stays put all day long

• by kaygen

I was pleasantly surprised with this foundation. I know it’s been around for years, and I had heard good things about it, but I was never interested in trying it until I found it on clearance at the drugstore recently. I didn’t think I would like it, but I couldn’t give up the great deal I got on it. There were a couple reasons for my skeptisism. First of all, anything that is called “pan-cake” make up conjured up images of thick, heavy, and cakey make-up that is not exactly attractive. So I think that Max Factor could have chosen a

better name for the product,. Secondly, I always thought that this “pan-cake” make up was more for older ladies, again this assumption was purely based on the name. But after trying this make up, I found that other than the product name, this stuff is pretty amazing.

The make-up is different that regular foundations in that it is water activated. I was not sure what this meant at first, but after looking at the directions, I found that water activated simply meant that this make up should be applied with a damp sponge rather than with your fingers. The sponge is included in the package.

The foundation comes in a compact type package rather than the traditional bottle. This allows you to easily swipe the damp sponge across the foundation and get just the right amount to apply to your face. The first time I tried this foundation, I loved the way it glided over my face, giving adequate coverage while still feeling light.

The foundation is great for my dry skin. It offers just the right amount of moisture, and leaves my face looking dewy, but not oily. Once the foundation dries, there is no need to apply powder over it. It dries to a ...

• Max Factor Pan-Cake Water-Activated Makeup
      semi-matte finish, leaving just the right amount of glow, while covering imperfections. Another aspect of this foundation that I love is that it really stays put all day long. I was so surprised by this, as it doesn’t even claim to be super long lasting. I apply this in the morning and it still looks fresh all day.

Another great thing about this product is the price. I did get it on clearance, but even at regular price it is less expensive than many other foundations. Regular price is about $9 , which is a good value for the product.

Now the bad news - I

loved this foundation so much that once I ran out of it, I went back to the store to buy more, only to find that it was no longer in stock. I tried a few other stores and could not find it. So, I am assuming they have discontinued this product. The good news is that you can still find it online at sites such as amazon.com and drugstore.com . I just placed my next order, and plan to continue to use this product as long as I can find it. It’s a great make-up and I just wish I would have found it sooner!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316031438910531/k2311a036/3.6.11