Suave Basic Volumizing Shampoo
2.5
  • That day, my hair was looking limp, so I decided to purchase the product, thinking it might add volume to my thin, fine hair
  • That was the last bottle of Suave Basic Volumizing Shampoo that I bought, thinking that if I needed soft and shiny hair, I would have bought another shampoo
  • I would definitely tell my friends to search for a different volumizing shampoo instead of this one

• by notebooker

On a recent shopping spree in the beauty section of my department store, this product caught my eye. It wasn’t for the cute packaging becase Suave Basic Volumizing Shampoo’s product design is as basic as one can get. Rather, it was for its claim to add volume to my hair. That day, my hair was looking limp, so I decided

to purchase the product, thinking it might add volume to my thin, fine hair.

I used it one day after I used a clarifying shampoo of another brand, because I read in a magazine that doing so strips your hair of product build-up and assures you that any product you use after would work to its full effect.

So, with my hair ready for transformation, I massaged some of Suave Basic Volumizing Shampoo onto my hair gently. I was surprised to see that it did not lather much like other shampoos. The scent, also was surprising because it was not floral or fruity but some bland, soapy smell that I did not like very much on my hair.

I let my hair dry ...

• Suave Basic Volumizing Shampoo
      and brushed it afterwards to see if it did increase in volume. I do not think that it did. It was, however, soft and shiny, and still had that strange smell after a while, which I did not appreciate very much.

shiny hair, I would have bought another shampoo. That it did not make my hair voluminous means that it is a failure. I suppose one could say that the clarifying shampoo could have had an effect on my hair, although I highly doubt this. I would definitely tell my friends to search for a different volumizing shampoo instead of this one.

Suave Basic Volumizing Shampoo

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316031438780531/k2311a036/3.6.11