Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Face Powder  » Cosmetics  »
  • It awarded Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Face Powder as the best face powder of the year
  • I myself use a different brand, to which I have been loyal for several years, but the feature made me think about the product since it cost about just as much as my other face powder
  • So, on my next trip to the beauty store, I bought Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Face Powder
  • The first thing I noticed was how light it felt on the skin
  • I would not say that this is an amazing product, and after some time of using it, I wonder why it won that beauty award

• by notebooker

I first read about this product in a magazine I frequently buy. It awarded Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Face Powder as the best face powder of the year.

I myself use a different brand, to which I have been loyal for several years, but the feature made me think about the product since it cost about just as much as my other face powder.

So, on my next trip to the beauty store, I bought Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Face Powder. I checked the

packaging and was happy to note that it had SPF 18 and was non-comedogenic. These are important for me because one, I hate putting sticky sunscreen on my face, and second, my pores, which are quite large, get clogged easily and tend to break out.

I tried the product immediately. The first thing I noticed was how light it felt on the skin. It was a nice feeling, especially for me, who has been used to a face powder which feels thicker and heavier. On ...

• the other hand, this light formulation likewise made me I had to keep putting more after some time or else I would feel that I am not wearing powder at all.

It did not have a strong scent, which I liked, since I am sensitive and even allergic to some smells. The SPF and non-comedogenic features made putting it on feel good since I have always had this guilty feeling that I am abusing my skin from putting on too many products.

As for shine control,

this product was not remarkable. Again, maybe it is because of the light formulation that it is not able to keep shine very well off your face for a longer period of time.

I would not say that this is an amazing product, and after some time of using it, I wonder why it won that beauty award. I would keep using the product though, if only for the SPF and non-pore-clogging qualities, but other than that, I would not say this is anything special.

Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Face Powder

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316031438730531/k2311a036/3.6.11