Hamburger Helper Tomato Basil Penne flavor  » Food  »
  • I have been working my way through the flavors and most recently I tried the Tomato Basil Penne flavor, which I enjoyed and recommend
  • My family and I enjoyed the Tomato Basil Penne flavor of Hamburger Helper very much
  • It is flavorful and zesty, but not really spicy so I think even families with young children who might shy away from spicy foods would like this flavor
  • In addition, I like to keep a box of the Tomato Basil Penne flavor in the cupboard for those times when I am in the mood for Hamburger Helper, but I don't have enough milk for most of the other flavors
  • If you try Tomato Basil Penne Hamburger Helper, I don' think you will be disappointed

• by deem

I am not a great cook so when it comes to deciding what to have for dinner after a long day at work, my favorite thing to do is to stop at a restaurant and bring dinner home in a bag. However, I’ve been counting my pennies lately so I have been trying to prepare more meals at home. One of my favorite dinners to prepare are the Hamburger Helper skillet dinner meals. I have been working my way through the flavors and most recently I tried the Tomato Basil Penne flavor, which I enjoyed and recommend.

If you are not familiar with Hamburger Helper skillet dinner meals, they are produced by the Betty Crocker company. To prepare them, all you have to do is brown a pound (more or less) of ground beef in a skillet. When the meat is browned, drain off any grease and add water, milk, and the Hamburger Helper pouch contents. Most Hamburger Helper flavors include a pouch of flavor that you add to the ground beef as well as a flavoring pouch. As the name implies, the Tomato Basil Penne flavor of Hamburger Helper includes penne pasta. Furthermore, because the Tomato Basi

Penne flavor is not cheesy, you don’t have to add milk to it, which is unusual for a Hamburger Helper flavor.

Once the ingredients have been added to the ground beef, you just bring the contents of the skillet to a boil and then reduce the heat so the contents of the skillet can simmer for about fifteen minutes. Then remove the skillet from the heat for a few minutes to allow the sauce to thicken. That is all there is to it. The Hamburger Helper Tomato Basil Penne Pasta flavor is ready to serve and eat.

My family and I enjoyed the Tomato Basil Penne flavor of Hamburger Helper very much. Unlike many of the other flavors that are quite cheesy, this one is not, which makes it a welcome change from some of the other flavors. It is basically penne pasta in a tomato basil sauce. It is flavorful and zesty, but not really spicy so I think even families with young children who might shy away from spicy foods would like this flavor.

In terms of quantity, I find that Hamburger Helper Tomato Basil Penne flavor easily ...

• provides four servings. If you are serving it with a salad or with a vegetable, you can easily stretch it to feed a family of five, especially if some of the members are young childre. I have added mushrooms to this flavor and find that it changes it up quite nicely as well. In addition, if you like your pasta cheesy, you can add parmesan or mozzarella cheese. Although I normally prefer some of the other flavors of Hamburger Helper that are cheesier and creamier, I find that the Tomato Basil Penne flavor can be a nice change of pace from time to time. In addition, I like to keep a box of the Tomato Basil Penne flavor in the cupboard for those times when I am in the mood for Hamburger Helper, but I don’t have enough milk for most of the other flavors.

Hamburger Helper is a reasonably economical meal. They are usually less than two dollars at grocery stores in my area and sometimes go on sale for about a dollar a box. That is when I try to stock up, especially if I have coupons for Hamburger Helper, which

are fairly common. The whole dinner then costs the amount of the ground beef, plus the Hamburger Helper, plus a cup or so of milk, if the flavor calls for it, which the Tomato Basil Penne flavor does not. In addition, if you have any left over, the Hamburger Helper reheats well in a microwave so you may even be able to get an economical lunch out of the deal.

Thus, Hamburger Helper Tomato Basil Penne flavor meets all three of my crieteria for a dinner at home: it is easy to prepare, reasonably economical, and, last but not least, it must taste good. If those are your criteria, then I recommend that you give this flavor of Hamburger Helper a try. In addition, if you are a novice cook or if you are trying to introduce a child or young teen to cooking, I highly recommend Hamburger Helper because it allows even an inexperienced cook to easily get a successful dinner on the table. That is encouraging when you are uncertain of your skills. If you try Tomato Basil Penne Hamburger Helper, I don’ think you will be disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 274031438370231/k2311a034/3.4.11