Walt Disney World’s Blizzard Beach  » Entertainment  »
1534 W Buena Vista Dr Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
  • While there used to be three water parks at Disney World in Orlando Florida, only two remain, but they are some of the best in the whole state
  • We’ve been hit by some interesting weather systems over the years
  • The park itself is a little bigger then Typhoon Lagoon, but in the way of rides, I believe they’re about the same number
  • I know the Lazy River is longer than Typhoon Lagoon’s lazy river because of the park’s size around, which the lazy river follows the outside of the park
  • It’s a fun experience and you don’t see snow, even fake snow, in Florida much

• by sarahdragon26

While there used to be three water parks at Disney World in Orlando Florida, only two remain, but they are some of the best in the whole state. And each one has its own special theme behind it. Blizzard Beach is the second water park and its basic theme is snow. A snow filled water park. In truth, it’s not real snow, just everything looks like you should be wearing three layers of clothing and a hat, instead of a bathing suit.

Like Typhoon Lagoon, this water park has a story behind it. A fictional story. Basically, a freak snow storm hit Florida, blanketing it in snow. With that, this ski report popped up and with Florida weather being exactly what it is, the weather turned hot again. All the snow started to melt and that is where the melting snow piles and ideas for pools of water at

the bottom of a snowy mountain came from. The mascot behind the park is an alligator who slid down the mountain and turned it into a water park.

When it comes to the Disney water parks, Blizzard Beach is my second favorite, even if there are only two of them. The theme of snow is a fantasy, unlike Typhoon Lagoon’s fantasy about a typhoon hitting Florida. That is more believable. We’ve been hit by some interesting weather systems over the years. But with Disney, the fantasy is sometimes the thing that makes the trip.

The park itself is a little bigger then Typhoon Lagoon, but in the way of rides, I believe they’re about the same number. I know the Lazy River is longer than Typhoon Lagoon’s lazy river because of the park’s size around, which the lazy river follows the outside of the park. And all of the ...

• slide and tube rides are all snow-based themed. As soon as I entered the park, I saw right away that this water park had its own free fall drop slide that looked more dangerous than fun and it is called Summit Pummit. Just the name along told me that I wasn’t going to be getting on it. And there was a slid ride that you make believe you’re sliding down a snow slope, on your stomach. Even with the snow based slides, there were still some normal slide and rube slides that had me screaming with the fun of it all.

It was an all right experience, even with all of the screaming, but the snow theme wasn’t really believable to me. Maybe I was ruined by Typhoon Lagoon. I just seemed to like that water park better. And while Blizzard Beach’s wave pool is bigger than Typhoon Lagoon’s,

I wasn’t that impressed with the size of the waves. I felt like the ones at Typhoon Lagoon were much larger. I was thrown further, but I don’t know if that’s good or bad. But it sure is fun!

The first time my family and I went to Blizzard Beach, I was a child and it was packed with people because it was the new thing. But I have noticed over the years that its popularity as died down a little and the masses don’t flock there like they used to. Depending on certain people and certain times of the year, it can be packed or empty. While I would not pick this water park as my first choice when it comes to Disney water parks, I don’t mind going there every now and then. It’s a fun experience and you don’t see snow, even fake snow, in Florida much.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 594031438350231/k2311a034/3.4.11