Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Conditioner  » Cosmetics  »
  • Recently while in my local drug store I found this one in a purple wave shaped bottle with a purple pop top, and I just had to buy it on sale for $3.99CDN
  • Well I like my naturally curly hair to look as 'tousled' as the next girl, so I thought I would give it a go
  • I did indeed get a tousled look for my curls from this conditioner, but as i usually get that anyway I don't think I can attribute that to this Herbal Essences product alone

• by Melissa Glenn

I have bought a lot of Herbal Essences hair care products over the last few years but this is the first time I have bought their Tousle Me Softly Conditioner. I usually buy conditioners designed for curly hair which I have, and find they usually work very well. Recently while in my local drug store I found this one in a purple wave shaped bottle with a purple pop top, and I just had to buy it on sale for $3.99CDN.

What really sold me on buying Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Conditioner was the description done in white lettering on the front of

the purple bottle. It stated that this conditioner was for a ‘tousled look’. Well I like my naturally curly hair to look as ‘tousled’ as the next girl, so I thought I would give it a go. Even better, one of the great things about the Herbal Essences line of products is the great scents they use; this one was scented with Wild Violet and Pomegranate which I just love.

Herbal Essences is under the brand name Clairol and distributed by Proctor and Gamble. The first time I opened the pop top on this conditioner I found the scent to literally be a feast ...

• for my senses. I loved the wild violet and pomegranate smell so much I wish they could make it into a perfume. The conditioner came out of the bottle with just one squeeze and it didn’t feel greasy, which is usually an indicator that a lot of wax has been added which I hate having in my hair.

The conditioner was a pure white color, and I found I needed about three squirts from the bottle to work through my waste long hair. When I went to rinse this conditioner out it rinsed out quickly and easily leaving behind no pesky residue. Even better,

my hair felt soft and manageable and I could still smell a great scent.

I did indeed get a tousled look for my curls from this conditioner, but as i usually get that anyway I don’t think I can attribute that to this Herbal Essences product alone. What I can say is that this Tousle Me Softly Conditioner did make my hair very soft and my curls very springy and that’s enough for me! This is a great product for any woman with curly hair or wavy hair, but if you are scent sensitive then don’t use it as the scent is very strong.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313031438021231/k2311a033/3.3.11