Movie : Bangkok Dangerous (2008)  » Movies  »
  • If you're one of those people that have decided to dismiss Nicholas Cage and any films that he may star in I suggest moving on to different review as I really liked this movie and am a big supporter of Nicholas Cage in general
  • I enjoyed watching the relationship develop between the assassin and his assistant, but the relationship with the deaf girl I could have done without as it seemed to add too much to the storyline without actually being developed properly
  • Yes Nicholas Cage has been involved with a few ordinary movies in the last ten years or so and yes there is many better movies than this one, but I still wish to recommend it to anybody that likes drama filled character stories with a good dose of action layered on top

• by ZEEZEEDawson

Quick word of advice… If you’re one of those people that have decided to dismiss Nicholas Cage and any films that he may star in I suggest moving on to different review as I really liked this movie and am a big supporter of Nicholas Cage in general.

Apparently this movie is a remake of one that was released around a decade before it, but I have never seen the original so I won’t be

comparing the two in all fairness. I will say however, that for a lesser known movie there is a lot to like here and not much to complain about.

The plot involves an assassin(Nicholas Cage) who grabs low level criminals off the street to help him with his assignments then subsequently kills them as to not leave any trace of what he has been doing. He also doesn’t get involved with people outside of his ...

• work as to remain an anonymous and invisible person to the rest of the world. This all goes pear-shaped when he gets an assignment in Bangkok where he ends up falling for a local dead chemist worker and becomes friends with his latest assistant, who in turn wants to be Cage’s pupil and learn all about what he does.

the deaf girl I could have done without as it seemed to add too much to the storyline without actually being developed properly. Yes Nicholas Cage has been involved with a few ordinary movies in the last ten years or so and yes there is many better movies than this one, but I still wish to recommend it to anybody that likes drama filled character stories with a good dose of action layered on top.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113031437881231/k2311a033/3.3.11