The Simpsons TV Episode: Donnie Fatso  » TV  »
2.5
  • Homer is arrested and the only way to avoid prison time is going undercover for the FBI in an effort to collect evidence against mafia boss Fat Tony
  • I think the best part of this episode, for me at least, had to be the ending of it, when Fat Tony dies (sorry about the spoiler) and Homer meets his cousin Fit Tony
  • I love how Fit Tony slowly becomes stressed out, starts eating and, by the very end, is known as Fat Tony so, in a way, the original Fat Tony never really left us while still doing so
  • I know they intended that as part of the joke but it wasn't all that funny

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: Homer is arrested and the only way to avoid prison time is going undercover for the FBI in an effort to collect evidence against mafia boss Fat Tony. What I liked about this episode: I think the best part of this episode, for me at least, had to be the ending of it, when Fat Tony dies (sorry about the spoiler) and Homer meets his cousin Fit Tony.

I love how Fit

Tony slowly becomes stressed out, starts eating and, by the very end, is known as Fat Tony so, in a way, the original Fat Tony never really left us while still doing so.

What I didn’t like about the episode: You know, I think, overall, I have to say just about everything about it was a bit forced and sub-par for me.

Basically, the part about Homer working for Fat Tony has been ...

• done before and it’s not like he hasn’t been sent to jail before either so that part isn’t anything new.

In fact, if I remember correctly, he had to serve as a snitch a couple different times before so, in a way, this episode wasn’t much more than a re-hash of a bunch of other episodes.

And, let’s face it, when you think about it, that disguise he was wearing wasn’t really anything

that is going to be convincing enough to fool people about his real identity.

I know they intended that as part of the joke but it wasn’t all that funny.

My Final Opinion: It was an OK episode but it wasn’t an episode that would make me want to go out of my way to see the latest episode of the series either because it didn’t exactly convince me the show is running out of legitimate story ideas.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102031437350131/k2311a032/3.2.11