Movie: The hand that Rocks the Cradle  » Movies  »
  • I didn't think this was going to be as good as a movie as advertised but, overall, I think it ended up being a pretty good film
  • I would definitely recommend watching it because I regret waiting so long to see it for the first time

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: A family hires a seemingly perfect nanny only to discover she is secretly seeking revenge against them. What I liked about this movie: A lot of movies only hint at a person’s past and might give you a clue or two to figure it out for yourself.

I personally like movies that give you a lot more background and I liked the fact this movie took the time to do

that in the beginning.

Sure, it might make the movie longer.

But, it does add a lot of detail to it that will improve the overall quality.

As far as thrillers go, I do have to say this one wasn’t terrible.

There is quite a bit of suspense, at least toward the end of the movie, that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

And, it helps that the little ...

• girl she is raising turns out to be much smarter than a lot of people would think a girl that age would be, tricking the nanny a couple times to prevent her from getting to the baby.

What I didn’t like about this movie: Given the background information, I was a bit surprised the family had never seen the one doctor’s wife before and didn’t recognize her when she applied to

be a nanny.

Then again, the woman that hired her wasn’t the brightest bulb in the bunch either so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by that at all.

My Final Opinion: I didn’t think this was going to be as good as a movie as advertised but, overall, I think it ended up being a pretty good film.

I would definitely recommend watching it because I regret waiting so long to see it for the first time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112031437340131/k2311a032/3.2.11