The King Trent Carlini Show Las Vegas Hilton
1.0
3000 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, Nevada
  • I think Trent needs to get his mojo working again or it’s time to hang up the sideburns

• by ChitownGina

The King Trent Carlini Show Review

My husband and I recently went to Las Vegas for a weekend getaway. Being an Elvis Junkie I wanted to see an impersonator while on my trip. The Las Vegas Hilton, being the home of Elvis in the seventies hosts a show called The King. It is a show that stars Trent Carlini.

You may have heard of him, he was the winner of the ABC show that aired last year or two sometime “The Next Best Thing. I have seen bits and pieces of him in the past at Tribute shows and he was great but never saw his own show. I was really

excited to go.

The tickets were pricey at 60 a hit for a 1 hour and 15 minute show. Luckily, we were able to buy them for half price at one of Vegas many discount ticket booths on the strip. He plays one show nightly at 6:45pm and I believe he is off on Tuesday.

I have heard however, his day off changes often. He plays in the Shimmer Show Lounge which is located in the casino. We were let in the show promptly.

The showroom was quaint and couldn’t have held more than 150 to 200 seats. There is a bar in the back of the theater.

• The drinks were extremely pricey and very watered down.

Mine was fine, it was a long island iced tea but my husband was a 7/7 . It was tiny and no taste of liquor at all. 18 for the both of them.

Don’t order drinks in this place. Anyway, the show starts with 3 dancing girls who danced sensually to remixed Elvis music. They were used throughout the show as a filler for him to change costumes.

Trent comes out doing 50’s songs, then 60’s and then the 70’s. The show lacked a lot of spirit and energy. His voice didn’t sound like Elvis.

He messed up

a lot of words and frankly, he seemed like he has done this show so much he didn’t put too much care into it. He treated the audience as though they were regular fans of his instead of tourists in Vegas wanting to see an Elvis show. I must not be the only one who thinks this either because in a theater that holds nearly 200 seats, he was lucky if there were 35 people in there and this was a Saturday night on a holiday weekend.

Not a good sign. I think Trent needs to get his mojo working again or it’s time to hang up the sideburns. Thank You Thank You Very Much.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592031437320131/k2311a032/3.2.11