Movie: Clash of the Titans (2010)  » Movies  »
2.5
  • It was an OK movie, but I think I still prefer the first version of this film

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: Demi-God Persius must go on a quest to figure out how to kill the Kraken before it is unleashed on Argos after the city’s citizens declare war on the Gods. What I liked about this movie: I loved the original film that came out in the 80s and this movie did manage to improve the special effects quite a bit.

For example, that part with the scorpions was actually

almost scary and I was on the edge of my seat trying to figure out how they would get through it.

The movie also managed to be somewhat unique and step away from the plot of the original film a bit; including an attempt to change the storyline by adding some newer characters (including a different love interest).

What I didn’t like about this movie: As I mentioned before, I ...

• loved the original film and this movie would have to do a lot more than add some better special effects to win me over.

Unfortunately, it didn’t.

This is one of those films that focus almost entirely on the special effects and not enough on the actual plot and, as a result, it seemed to be a bit forced at times.

Also, I wasn’t expecting the film to necessarily acknowledge

the original film but I also wasn’t expecting it to take steps to almost insult it; such as the part with the owl.

That, to me, was a bit uncalled for.

Either pay some respects to it or ignore it completely.

Don’t insult a film that paved the way for this one.

My Final Opinion: It was an OK movie, but I think I still prefer the first version of this film; even with the weak special effects.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112031437281231/k2311a032/3.2.11