Herbal essences Shampoos and Condiditoners  » Health  »
0.5
13475 Poway Road, San Diego
  • I'm curious as to other people experience this allergic reaction when using there products
  • In my opinion I would just stay away from herbal essences because you never know the effect it could have on you and its better to be safe than sorry

• by californiagirl2011

I absolutely hate herbal essences shampoo and conditioners. They attract buyers with there colorful bottles and good smells but they work very poorly for me in actually cleaning my hair.

My scalp has an allergic reaction every time I use there shampoo and conditioner where my hair literally sticks together and my scalp hurts.

This just shows theres something wrong with there ingredients because that has never happened to me with any other shampoos

and conditioners.

I would love to be able to use there products because I honestly do love the way there products smell but I cant because of the allergic reaction it gives me.

It almost makes me wonder if they focus more on the smell than they do on the ingredients reacting with your scalp.

I’m curious as to other people experience this allergic reaction when using there products.

One thing is for sure ...

• I will never ever use there products again for the reason they only do harm to me.

If you have a sensitive scalp Id stay away from herbal essences because you could have the same effect.

Pros of this product would be the flashy colorful bottles and the great smell, the cons are that its really damaging to my scalp because it gives me allergic reactions.

If it doesn’t give you an allergic reaction

than go for it and buy it but if your a first time buyer stay away from the bigger bottles you dont know if you will have an allergic reaction from it and waste your money because you’ll want to stay away from there products.

In my opinion I would just stay away from herbal essences because you never know the effect it could have on you and its better to be safe than sorry.

Anna says :

Ahhh same here What did you do to get rid of the oiliness?

Vanessa says :

Try a clarifying shampoo. The Neutrogena brand should be sufficient, or you can go with something better from a salon supply store. I do believe they use a bit too much fragrance oil in these shampoos. Fragrance oils tend to break down gels, so they have to make up for this with additives, stabilizers and preservatives. That’s why some people get a reaction. Many other people really like it and have no problem though, so I wouldn’t rate it as 100% bad. It would tear my hair up, though, because I bleach. Would not recommend any grocery store brands for anyone who lightens or highlights their hair (except for many a few of the “salon” brands you can find in a small section - but you can get these cheaper at a salon supply store).

Quanta says :

re : I’m curious as to other people experience this allergic reaction when using there products
    I am also having an itchy allergic reaction to Herbal Essence Color Me Happy. I wonder if they have changed their formula since I last use it. I had used it for a number of years without problem. I switched to another brand for several years and come back to Herbal Essence about 6 months ago. Did not feel much at first but my head had been feeling itching lately, especially behind my ear…no dandruff though. I will take up the suggestion of one post here and try Neutrogena, which I had a chance to use a small sample size bottle while traveling and find it quite gentle.

Galega says :

There is no information that Herbal Essence has changed the ingredients of Color Me Happy. Still allergic reaction can happen with a user who had used a product in the past without any issue. It can also happen because of the product which you had used recently. Giving a cool off period can be helpful in this situation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342031437151231/k2311a032/3.2.11