The Insignia NS-L55X-10A HDTV
  • HDTV sets have come a long way, back in 2003 I bought an RCA HDTV model F3810, it was 38 inches it had a real picture tube in it, which means it was very very heavy and Hugh, it costs a whopping $3,500 and back then it wasn't many HD programs on to watch, the TV was plagued with problems so I ended up returning it to Best Buy for a refund, I was so disappointed in this tv that I didn't buy another HDTV until the year 2010
  • I bought my girlfriend a xbox 360 for Christmas and after seeing the picture quality on our small 27 inch tv, I decided it was time to take the HD plunge once again
  • I bought this tv from Best Buy, Insignia is one of their own brands, maybe that's why it was only $899, which I thought was a real good price, especially right before Christmas
  • The first thing I noticed was how light it was, I could pick it up with no problem, couldn’t even budge my old RCA, they have come a long way with these tv's I am very happy with this tv, it just screams that it's ready for anything digital now or in the future
  • It has built in SRS surround sound speakers, and on some movies you can definitely hear the difference

• by fastedit

HDTV sets have come a long way, back in 2003 I bought an RCA HDTV model F3810, it was 38 inches it had a real picture tube in it, which means it was very very heavy and Hugh, it costs a whopping $3,500 and back then it wasn’t many HD programs on to watch, the TV was plagued with problems so I ended up returning it to Best Buy for a refund, I was so disappointed in this tv that I didn’t buy another HDTV until the year 2010.

I bought my girlfriend a xbox 360 for Christmas and after seeing the picture quality on our small 27 inch tv, I decided it was time to take the HD plunge once again. First of all unlike 2003 HD

sets are very plentiful and extremely less expensive, after looking around for a few days for the perfect deal, I settled on the Insignia NS-L55X-10A HDTV. Its a 55 inch 1080p flat screen LCD HDTV.

I bought this tv from Best Buy, Insignia is one of their own brands, maybe that’s why it was only $899, which I thought was a real good price, especially right before Christmas. The first thing I noticed was how light it was, I could pick it up with no problem, couldn’t even budge my old RCA, they have come a long way with these tv’s

I am very happy with this tv, it just screams that it’s ready for anything digital now or in the future. It has a total of five

HDMI inputs, three on the back and two on the sides, two sets of component inputs, and one set of composite and svideo inputs on the back, It has a coaxial input for the antenna and a VGA input with audio so you can use it as a giant computer monitor.

The tv looks very elegant to me, it’s black and the frame around the screen has a nice lacquer type of finish to it, it looks sleek and futuristic.

The picture quality is outstanding, even though I have never calibrated it or made any kind of adjustment to the image, the picture is fantastic right out the box, the colors are vibrant and the resolution is dazzling! it looks great in any kind of light, I ...

•  The Insignia NS-L55X-10A HDTV
      live in a small single family home and when it’s dark we only use the tv for light. I did notice however that the over the air hd channels looked better than the Netflix HD. The heat coming from the screen is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be and it’s also very kind on the electric bill. It has built in SRS surround sound speakers, and on some movies you can definitely hear the difference.

The remote is also black, and a bit longer than my other remotes, the buttons on it are a nice size and very easy to read, also the buttons on the remote light up so you can see it in the dark, and it even comes

with a pretty heavy remote control holder which I never use for the remote, I mostly use it as a paper weight, but it’s still a nice touch.

The only problem I had with this tv is that it would not play sound on some of my xbox games and some Netflix movies, I would have to turn it off and on again before it would work right, but when I changed the xbox settings to 1080p to 1080i, it now works just fine.

Even though we have had this set for a few months now, I am still very excited to sit down and watch it, whether it’s movies tv shows or sports, everything looks good on this set, I won’t be buying another HDTV for a long time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162031437011231/k2311a032/3.2.11