Air Phil Express Airlines
2.0
  • Let’s move on from awful experience and describe the airplane itself
  • Although their not very strict when it comes to people boarding since the first passengers to board are the ones who’s holding tickets from number 16-35 row but there’s a lot of foreigners that I think don’t understand that policy that they end up clogging the first 15 rows even before we could enter (row 21)

• by misaozenemij

Air Phil Express Airlines Flight Return: Manila-Puerto Princesa-Manila

This is my first time to fly an airplane locally since Air Phil Express had a promo last October 2010 for flights on Jan-Feb 2011; we grabbed the opportunity to buy tickets to Puerto Princesa, Palawan for five days vacation.

I was surprised on how the standard of customer service the Air Phil Express Airlines has. This airline company not only serve local flights but also international. However, on our flight this February I had experienced an awful delay in our flight but let’s start one day before our flight.

One day before our scheduled flight they sent us an SMS saying that our return flight to Manila was canceled and moved to an earlier that same day. I was outraged as I read it early in the morning and that they have the nerve to put us at an earlier flight schedule and didn’t even thought that maybe we have other things to do that day!

We called the customer service hotline which keeps on ringing for almost half an hour before a lady answered. We informed her of our dismay about the moving of our flight schedule. We told her that we paid higher for a later time because we have a schedule to follow.

She only

said that they apologize and said that due to some security whatever reason they had the flight was moved and canceled. We asked them to book us on a later flight schedule that day but again they said that they don’t have another schedule available that day and rather gave us a schedule for the next day morning flight.

We asked them if they will shoulder the accommodation since we’ll pay for the excess day we’ll spend in Palawan but she said that they will not shoulder it since they already gave us an option of same day flight schedule.

We told her don’t you realize what you’ve just said? Me and my fiancée informed this lady that we’ll never fly with their airline again be it that they have a ONE PESO FARE or whatever promo in the future. It was awful. The beginning of our dream vacation was getting messed up.

So that was the first offense they did, but there’s more. On the day of the flight, we arrived 2 hours early so that we can check in with a breeze they gave us a window seat so it started okay for us. Then they said that we should wait on GATE 20 for our boarding time. 1 hour before the boarding time, they ...

• announced that we need to transfer to GATE 18 for the airplane can’t land on the said boarding gate due to security and technical reason.

So sleepy and dismayed with the service they gave a day before, we ended up walking towards GATE 18 to wait patiently for us to board. We were bound to Puerto Princesa Palawan at 7:30 AM but ended up boarding passed 9 AM. For me this is already a terrible delay since we have an itinerary to follow for the day.

Our flight was delayed for 1 ½ hours or more. And everyone was already coming in front to ask what is going on and the flight manager just told us to wait for the plane to come since it’s not yet available and so much of blah that we don’t know what to expect.

At last when they announced that we’ll be boarding the plane, everyone was so relieved since we don’t want to end up canceling all the activities we have for the day. Let’s move on from awful experience and describe the airplane itself.

The seats are configured 3-3 with 35 rows. The airplane is small since it only flies domestic flights but the seats are roomy enough that the 1 hour flight wasn’t terrible at all. They only serve

snacks and non-alcoholic drinks (not free). I must say the crew are very pleasant and ready to lend a hand so kudos to that. Everyone was treated very well once we boarded the plane. Everyone was smiling at us making us more comfortable to ask for assistance from the crew.

Although their not very strict when it comes to people boarding since the first passengers to board are the ones who’s holding tickets from number 16-35 row but there’s a lot of foreigners that I think don’t understand that policy that they end up clogging the first 15 rows even before we could enter (row 21).

That’s the only instant that annoyed me when we boarded the plane. This scenario was repeated on our return to Manila. The plane wasn’t delayed that long (30 minutes) so that’s good already. But their quick and we didn’t have a hassle after that.

Next time I travel on domestic flights I’ll try another company. I’d like to know how Air Phil Express stands against them since we had a horrible flight to Palawan but a rather pleasant return to Manila.

I’d give them 4 ratings since the delay in the flight cannot compensate the comfort I had inside the airplane but still good job for the cabin crews since their very friendly and helpful.

Air Phil Express Airlines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 402031437001231/k2311a032/3.2.11