Adams Flea and Tick Collar  » Pets  »
1.0
13375 Poway Road, Poway
  • One thing thats always been a problem is fleas which I absolutely hate because I end up with bites as well
  • I think the collars helped to some degree but for the most part they havnt ever worked completely
  • Another disadvantage is one of my cats we could not get the flea collar on so theres a chance your cat wont even wear it

• by californiagirl2011

I have three cats and a dog, all of which love spending time outside, especially the cats. One thing thats always been a problem is fleas which I absolutely hate because I end up with bites as well.

We started putting Adams Flea and tick collar on all the cats.

It seemed like it took about a month or so before it started working but until then the cats were still itching and scratching and I kept finding flea eggs and poop all over there beds.

I think the

collars helped to some degree but for the most part they havnt ever worked completely.

Another disadvantage is one of my cats we could not get the flea collar on so theres a chance your cat wont even wear it.

One of the cats when we put the collar on it froze and wouldn’t move for 2 hours.

We only go one cat to wear it as far as for the other two, they wouldn’t wear the collar and were unable to take the collars back and lost money ...

• on that.

I think flea medication that you put on there backs would work better but in most cases flea collars dont work.

Id say the one thing good about these collars if you can get them on is that some of them come in a reflecting color so that when your animals cross the street there isn’t a chance of them getting run over.

Also if you have small children you could give this collar a try because if you put medication on your cat or dog, it

can be a hazard to them if somehow they touch the animal and get it on there hand and then touch there mouth.

So the pros of this flea and tick collar would be that it works to some degree, it can prevent your animal from getting run over,and its not hazardous for small children.

The cons is that you might not always be able to get your dog or cat to wear the collar, and it takes a while for it to actually be effective towards getting rid of fleas and ticks.

Misty Pryor says :

re : I think the collars helped to some degree but for the most part they havnt ever worked completely
    Bought 2 collars (adams flea and tick) and they didnt work at all..im very upset and afraid to buy anymore adams products

Victoria says :

I bought Adams flea and tick collar thinking I’d try it, since it was not as pricey as Soresto. I’m not happy with the product at all. So after wasting my money on this, I still had to spend more buying the Soresto collar that actually works. Don’t buy it, it is a waste of money. The best flea and tick collar I’ve found is the Soresto and I will continue to buy it after the experience I had from Adams flea and tick collar.

Regina says :

The collar burnt my dog super bad

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2928021436640828/k2311a0228/2.28.11