Nikon D5000 camera  » Cameras  »
  • To be honest, when I decided to buy a camera, I asked my friends who were into photography and when they explained to me all the technical stuff with those unfamiliar terms to me, I realized those were stuff I did not really care about
  • So the only question I finally asked my friends to answer was, with less than 700 dollars, what was the best camera I could get
  • The problem is, it has so many mode, so maybe you just wanna read the manual
  • Using the standard kit with 18-55 mm lens, I found it hard to take a zoom since it has no digital zoom
  • So you need a better lens, and it might cost more than the camera body itself

• by missusm

This is a review from a total amateur for other amateurs. To be honest, when I decided to buy a camera, I asked my friends who were into photography and when they explained to me all the technical stuff with those unfamiliar terms to me, I realized those were stuff I did not really care about. All I wanted was a pretty good camera with video recording ability under my student budget. I used to have a Nikon camera before and it was okay, so this time just to make my choice range smaller, I decided to go for another Nikon, and budget was on top of my priority list.

So the only question I finally

asked my friends to answer was, with less than 700 dollars, what was the best camera I could get. The answer was Nikon D5000. It does have all the features I wanted.

12. 3 megapixel, HD video recorder, and a swivel LCD display which is a plus for me being a shorty. I can take a picture or video holding the camera above my head looking into the swivel display.

Love it. The quality of the pictures is good also. After a vacation, I compared the pictures results with my boyfriend’s pocket camera results, and yes, you can see the difference.

Although I might have to say, I can take better pictures than he does. It also ...

• has many photo editing features that you usually do on the computer, and you can make your stop-motion movie with D5000, even though the results come in a very small window you hardly can watch it. The video stops recording after 5 minutes, you also have to bear it in mind.

Once I took a video of me dancing for more than 5 minutes, could never see the end of it. I downloaded the manual from the internet, but I hardly read it, and it makes me have to try each picture mode for each occasion to decide which mode is the most suitable. The problem is, it has so many mode, so maybe you just

wanna read the manual.

Using the standard kit with 18-55 mm lens, I found it hard to take a zoom since it has no digital zoom. In this case, my boyfriend’s pocket camera can take a bigger picture of the moon, for example, since he has the digital zoom. So you need a better lens, and it might cost more than the camera body itself.

So far I’m quite happy with my D5000, it also works well with the remote control. The body is quite though, I dropped it once, checked it to the pro and he said nothing wrong except for the scratch on the lens exterior. So as an amateur, I would say this is a great budget DSLR.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4328021436500728/k2311a0228/2.28.11